Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Omfg audley harrison and danny williams in prizefighter 3!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omfg audley harrison and danny williams in prizefighter 3!!!

ROFL

MATCHROOM SPORT’S hugely successful Prizefighter returns in October with a new look and arguably the most exciting crop of British heavyweights ever assembled under one roof. Taking place at London’s iconic boxing venue, the York Hall in Bethnal Green, on Friday, October 2, Prizefighter – the Heavyweights III - features former British, Commonwealth and European champions going for glory in a night where careers are on the line. British Heavyweight Champion, Danny Williams, the man who effectively ended the career of Mike Tyson, steps up to the Prizefighter plate and will be joined by Olympic gold medallist, Audley Harrison, who will be looking to resurrect his career one more time.

“I'm looking forward to competing in the next instalment of Prizefighter,” said Harrison from his training base in California.

“I've been waiting for a solid opportunity to return to the ring and I intend to show my career is far from over..

“I have history with most of the fighters competing and I couldn't have written a better script for my return.

“When I retire, I will tell my story and people will understand why my career faltered, but I truly have found my passion again for boxing,” he added.

Williams is delighted at the possibility of revenging a previous defeat at the hands of Harrison; “When I was first asked to be part of this year’s Prizefighter, as British Heavyweight Champion, I wasn’t sure,” he said.

“But when I heard that a certain celebrity boxer would be involved I knew I had to be part of it! This year’s Prizefighter will be off the hook!”

Both though, will have plenty of competition in former British & Commonwealth Heavyweight Champion Michael Sprott, who will also be looking to rejuvenate his career.

A pair of highly-motivated former British Champions in Scott Gammer and Michael Holden both dust off the gloves after time out of the ring and will pose some tough questions come show time.

Coleman Barrett, 26 year-old and undefeated, will be looking to give his career a boost at the expense of his more illustrious rivals, while Danny Hughes, another undefeated prospect, is looking to do the same.

Making up the eight for the York Hall is Scott Belshaw, who will be looking to emulate the feat of fellow Ulsterman Martin Rogan whose heroics won him the inaugural Prizefighter title.

With seven 3 x 3 minute round fights, Prizefighter’s explosive all-in-one-night concept goes from strength to strength. With an £80,000 prize fund - the highest in Prizefighter history - as well a gilt-edged opportunity to get right back into contention, the assembled line up is the strongest yet by far.

Every punch of every round of every fight will be live on Sky Sports from 8pm on Friday, October 2.

“We’re certainly looking to raise the bar here for future Prizefighter events and all of these fighters are desperate to win this title,” said promoter Barry Hearn.

“There will be plenty of different styles and strategies on display and with a total of ten fights between these eight in the past, I’m sure there will be plenty of needle.

“Previous Prizefighter champions have gone from strength to strength and I am anticipating another action-packed evening of explosive power.

For more information visit www.matchroomsport.com or www.theprizefighterseries.com

Tickets cost £40 (unreserved) and £80 (ringside) from 01277 359900.

THE EIGHT PRIZEFIGHTER CONTENDERS

Name: Danny Williams

Home town: Brixton, London

Professional record: W41 (31 by KO), L7, D0, No Contest 1. Total 49 fights

Achievement: Current British Champion, fought for WBC title, defeated Mike Tyson

Name: Michael Sprott

Home town: Reading

Professional record: W31 (16 by KO), L14, D0. Total 45 fights

Achievement: Former British and Commonwealth Champion

Name: Audley Harrison

Home town: London / Las Vegas

Professional record: W23 (17 by KO), L4, D0. Total 27 fights

Achievement: Olympic Games gold medalist

Name: Scott Gammer

Home town: Pembroke, Wales

Professional record: 18 (9 by KO), L4, D1. Total 23 fights

Achievement: Former British Champion

Name: Michael Holden

Home town: Manchester

Professional record: W10 (6 by KO), L9, D0. Total 19 fights

Achievement: Former British Champion

Name: Scott Belshaw

Home town: Lisburn, Northern Ireland

Professional record: W10 (7 by KO), L2, D0. Total 12 fights

Achievement: Former Irish Amateur Champion

Name: Coleman Barrett

Home town: Wembley, London

Professional record: W8 (2 by KO), L0, D0. Total: 8 fights

Achievement: Undefeated

Name: Danny Hughes

Home town: Sunderland

Professional record: W6 (1 by KO), L0, D1. Total 7 fights

Achievement: Undefeated

NOTES ABOUT PRIZEFIGHTER

- Eight competitors in the same weight fight in four quarter-finals, two semi-finals and the final with all the action happening in one exciting night of boxing.

- Each contest lasts a maximum of three rounds with standard boxing rules applied.

- If there has not been a knockout or stoppage then the winner will be decided by three scoring judges at ringside.

- The winner of Prizefighter – Heavyweights III will receive £32,000, the runner-up gets £16,000, losing semi-finalists receive £8,000 and beaten quarter-finalists collect £4,000. The total prize fund is £80,000 - £11,000 more than for previous Prizefighter tournaments.

- A draw will be held before the event to find out which boxers will fight each other in the four quarter-finals.

- This will be the eighth Prizefighter competition. The first – Heavyweights I – was held in April 2008. The others staged were Heavyweights II (September), Welterweights (October), Middleweights (November), Light-heavyweights (February), Lightweights (March) and Cruiserweights (May)

- The event website is www.theprizefighterseries.com

lmao, this could be entertaining.

Comment

wow that sounds pretty awesome

Comment

audley to winnnnnnnnnnnn

Comment

Belshaw, didn't he lose to Fury in his last fight.

Comment

Working...
          X