Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pac vs Brad 2 :Has there ever been a champion who ....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Konstantin View Post
    That's not the same situation at all.

People thought Floyd lost - that's why he rematched him.

Everyone knows Pac won - that's why he might not.
    no its the exact opposite situation but I'm just using it to show even if a champion isnt satisfied with his own performance he will rematch just to show it was a fluke ... let alone a "robbery"

Comment

Personally I don't even care if he rematches him or not. Clearly Pac won. There's bigger and better fights out for him.

Comment

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
        hmmm.... idk have to check not sure who ranked higher at the time (had more belts )
        Oscar WBC, Tito IBF. I think the winner became lineal champ too.

Comment

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
          Oscar WBC, Tito IBF. I think the winner became lineal champ too.
          Partial credit ... I meant like the champ getting "robbed" and losing to someone going into the fight who was a pretty big underdog while i do believe oscar shouldve won there was no clear favorite going into that fight ... but he def. also shouldve rematched

Comment

bradley landed 2 flush shots.. and run for his life after getting wobbled with the shot to the glass neck..jab the air and gloves..

really do you wanna see that again ..

if not for the 3 blind judge we wouldn't even discuss that sloppy fight..

Comment

He should avenge it like most of the greats try. We all know Pac won, but the record books will say he lost to bradley and disnt avenge it...

Comment

good point. i think that they'll be weighing the economic impact of choosing a bradley rematch over a marquez or cotto rematch. the bradly fight did 900k whole the 3rd marquez fight did 1.3 or so and a cotto fight, after cotto resurgence, could conceivably do a good bit over 1 M buys.

if the bradley rematch sells under 900k while they pass up a potential 1.3 or more buys versus marquez, that'll be a few million less for pac to bank. of course, i think that the marquez rematch is a way riskier fight so he may make more but if he loses then his marketability plummets.

Comment

Whitaker-Chavez?
                  Whitaker-Ramirez?

Comment

well it was a pretty blatant robbery..i think pac feels a bit content in knowing that almost everyone had pac winning. even after the robbery there was no big demand for a rematch because everyone knew that pac was the real winner.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                      Oscar De La Hoya vs. Felix Trinidad.
                      That's true. Oscar cried that he was robbed but he wanted nothing to do with Trinidad in a rematch. He tried to save face by saying he was interested in a rematch and then priced himself out with insulting offers.

Comment

Working...
                      X