No announcement yet.

Kendal Holt ... WTF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kendal Holt ... WTF?

I know this fight isn't till June, but I was kinda irked reading this off ESPN's fight calendar.

"Kendall Holt vs. Josesito Lopez, 12 rounds, IBF junior welterweight eliminator;"

leading up to Holt's FNF Welterweight bout vs Coleman, wasn't their all this talk about how Holt outgrew 140 and was better off up at Welterweight (what his trainer Buddy McGirt said at least)

^ that article with Buddy was up on this site if I'm not mistaken.

plus if you look at Holt's last loss, was in a JR WW eliminator BUT he won two fights @ Welterweight to earn the title Eliminator bout with Garcia.

I don't see all this yo yo'ing between 140 and Welterweight as helpful to his career. And IMO the dumbest thing is Holt's earning these 140 opportunities by winning fights above Junior Welterweight

140 or WW, can he make up his damn mind already? if Jr WW is so tough to make don't fight there at all

because a loss obviously hurts his career, but a win in an 140lb eliminator means Holt will stay at 140 for a while longer.

**I don't get it, from getting Title Eliminators at 140 by winning bouts in the weight class above

to sticking around at a weight class (140) you're on record saying it's tough to make and leaves you very fatigued on fight night

So according to the IBF, the winner of this fight gets the winner of Khan/Peterson?

Comment

you will hurt yourself trying to figure out these sanctioning bodies

Comment

Didn't Judah just win an IBF eliminator for 140.

It is odd seeing that but it is a good opportunity for him and is Holt really in a position to turn down an opportunity like that no matter the class.
        Last edited by The Gambler1981; 04-23-2012, 12:26 AM.

Comment

I'm sure his body would love to move up, but his opportunities are much better at 140 now. He's an also ran at 147. At 140 there's only a couple of guys that he loses to for sure. And the networks are still invested in 140, Marquez, Rios moving up, some hyped prospects, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
            you will hurt yourself trying to figure out these sanctioning bodies

Of all the sanctioning bodies, I think the IBF is the least messed up.

Comment

I thought Dulorme's promoter already said that Dulorme will fight Kendall Holt later this year if he beats Coleman and Lopez???

Comment

Originally posted by M0NZ0N View Post
                So according to the IBF, the winner of this fight gets the winner of Khan/Peterson?
                eh as someone else mentioned, Judah did win an IBF eliminator vs Vernon Paris in his last fight if I'm not mistaken

Originally posted by M0NZ0N View Post
                Of all the sanctioning bodies, I think the IBF is the least messed up.
                eh I dunno about that, Judah coming of a knockout loss got an eliminator as his next fight back

**and opportunities @ 140 aside for Holt ... wouldn't he stand a better chance @ Welterweight

look at what Malignaggi's done for his career since moving up to WW, he's won several fights and getting a crack at a WBA belt next

no reason Holt couldn't do the same exact thing at WW

Comment

Working...
                X