Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roach claim he layed out perfect plan for Oscar to beat Mayweather.Do you think...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roach claim he layed out perfect plan for Oscar to beat Mayweather.Do you think...

Freddie Roach claimed he laid out the perfect game plan for Oscar to beat Floyd but Oscar stopped executing. He said Oscar wouldn't look good the first couple of rounds due to him having to adjust to Floyd's speed, which is what happened. He said he was upset with Oscar because he saw how effective his jab was and how he stopped using it and stop following their game plan.

My question to the board is....Do you think Freddie Roach figured Floyd's style out and knows how to beat him. I know he did a lot of film work during the Oscar/Floyd fight so maybe he knows something. Freddie has studying countless guys and is one of the best in the business, So if Pac/Mayweather happens do you think Freddie can come up with a plan for Pac to beat Floyd? This is gonna be a huge factor if they ever meet.

If Oscar's jab kept coming Mayweather probably would have made an adjustment, and he may have(haven't watched the fight in a while).

Roach mite give Pac a gameplan but he will have to adapt when Floyd changes his. Floyd doesn't fight the same every fight.

Comment

If there is a coach and fighter combo out there that can beat floyd, it's roach and pacquiao. Roach comes up with great fight plans and pacquiao listens and executes very well.

Comment

Originally posted by mikedb1984 View Post
        Freddie Roach claimed he laid out the perfect game plan for Oscar to beat Floyd but Oscar stopped executing. He said Oscar wouldn't look good the first couple of rounds due to him having to adjust to Floyd's speed, which is what happened. He said he was upset with Oscar because he saw how effective his jab was and how he stopped using it and stop following their game plan.

My question to the board is....Do you think Freddie Roach figured Floyd's style out and knows how to beat him. I know he did a lot of film work during the Oscar/Floyd fight so maybe he knows something. Freddie has studying countless guys and is one of the best in the business, So if Pac/Mayweather happens do you think Freddie can come up with a plan for Pac to beat Floyd? This is gonna be a huge factor if they ever meet.
        floyd's defense is too good. you don't ever really "beat" him. You try and make the fight close and hope the judges give you the nod.

with floyd's style (as with hops) its to difficult to really "beat".

Comment

Floyd's style is not difficult to figure out. His guard is low so even when he blocks the punch still lands partially. If you keep jabbing and probing without overextending yourself he will not have anything to counter. You can time that shoulder roll for when it resets as well.

The problem is Floyd is smart and makes adjustments...so the real question would be whether Roach and Pacquiao can force Mayweather to adjust in the manner they want.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
            If you keep jabbing and probing without overextending yourself he will not have anything to counter. .
            this is exactly what pac does every fight, hell jump in head first, throw a combination, then follow up with a big left or a big right and overextend, and at this point its really too late to correct it. As long as pac does this, hes going to be in trouble, especially if mayweather can hurt pac. Everyone talks about how pac has improved, and he has, but he still makes those two key mistakes, if i can see it, i know for sure mayweather and his team do. Like i said, pac cant change it at this point, its a bad habit that hes had his whole career unfortunately, and alot of that comes from developing it young in his career.

Comment

Oscar has stamina problems, that is why he stopped working the jab. That is the conclusion I came to for that fight atleast, it made no sense to stop throwing something that was working. I know sometimes its because a boxer makes it difficult to throw the jab and land but he was clearly landing when ever he threw it. Where I was at watching it in a bar, all the Mexicans swore the fight was fixed because of him stop throwing it. I just assumed he has stamina problems.

Comment

Oscar was winning on points until he stopped jabbing. Thus the split decision win for Floyd.

Comment

Wlad would stop Floyd.

Comment

39 have tried and all 39 have failed.

Comment

Working...
                    X