Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Cotto's Win Over Judah Tainted?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote=sk819] this fight exposed cotto for what he is, a average pressure fighter with limited boxing ability. [/quot

you just sound stupid...
    fights are made to be competetive
    Zab Judah is a highly skilled, very athletic fighter.
    i would say the pressure applied in that fight was well above average.
    Floyd had early trouble with Zab.
    Floyd got knocked down by Zab. (true story)
    Cotto won almost every round in that fight, getting caught with a few uppercuts doesnt change that.
    Both Floyd and Miguel expected what they got from Zab... early trouble, and for zab to get frustrated when the going got tough...

Apparently you need to never get hit to impress you...

by the way, the low blows didnt change the way zab fights... he doesnt throw a lot of punches and he explodes in spurts... he got broke down by a better fighter...

"The truth is the truth. The sky is too big for me to cover it" - Angel Garcia

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

the low blows by cotto looked intentional yea, judah overreacted to them, true. Judah did the same thing to mayweather that was intentional from what i can tell so what comes around goes around and judah would have lost that fight anyway regardless of low blows

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
        The Judah fight proved that? I missed it.
        cotto was getting countered hard and was badly hurt a few times in the first couple of rounds. he low blow the poor guy god knows how many times. just wasnt impressed with his performance at all.

Comment

Originally posted by codey View Post
          says the guy that has a all roads lead to khan sig. Lmao!

khan is nothing but an overrated twit with a glass chin! GTFO!
          sarcasm detector broken? stop being such a nut hugger. cotto couldnt give a fu*k about you

Comment

I don't think anybody wants to get hit by a Cotto lowblow

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtli. View Post
              thats a very crappy win to begin with.

Judah 0-2 coming into the fight in 2 years
              yeah added to the fact Judah was a natural 140lber, it's a better fight when Cotto was at 140

Comment

Originally posted by sk819 View Post
                sarcasm detector broken? stop being such a nut hugger. cotto couldnt give a fu*k about you
                Nut hugger? lol. Ok C0ck shiner!

Comment

I dont think so, thats part of boxing, your allowed a certain amount of low blows..now if he was doing a Golata..then thats something else..

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    The Puerto Rican poster "Mellow Mood" said he saw Cotto saying the low blows were on purpose. Even though it's only word of mouth, it was a Cotto fan who said he saw this interview. Regardless if anyone saw this, I think one can come to the conclusion on their own that the low blows were on purpose. He was getting staggered and wobbled by a Zab Judah coming off two straight losses to Baldomir and Mayweather+ more than 400 days away from the ring because of the suspension.

This was an opponent seen as being on the slide and who didn't belong at WW. It was a showcase fight for Cotto that started as a nightmare. Without those lowblows, who knows what Judah would have done next.
                    Inb4 maniac says hes a cotto fan and saw an interview where cotto says he was trying to crush judahs balls.

That said, personally i feel the first one was an honest punch that just strayed a little low, tho the second one looked to be nothing but intentional. That said, i dont feel that makes it a tainted win. Cotto won the fight, it was a fight. Guerrero won the fight...even tho he held the back of bertos head and clocked him down. Etc.

Comment

You'd have to be pretty naive to believe those low blows were accidental. Namely because Cotto himself said he does "what he needs to to win" when he was asked if the punches were intentional or not.

Comment

Working...
                      X