No announcement yet.

Why did Canelo wear Winning gloves?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did Canelo wear Winning gloves?

I thought he was a puncher and would support the mexican Cleyto Reyes brand?

Last edited by Young Money; 03-06-2011, 09:26 PM.

Ya he's a puncher but they said he has problems with his hands. Thus the reason he wore Winning gloves which are more padded with a foam than the horse hair found in Reyes -the punchers glove. Was kind of ironic the puncher wore Winning and the featherfisted Hatton wore Reyes. Hatton would of been BRUTALIZED had Alvarez wore Reyes...

Comment

to protect his hands
      or a sponsorship

but it's likely to protect his hands

it's early in his career
      once the hands go on a fighter they generally go
      it's like a horse with a broken leg

winning gloves pad the knuckles heavy and form around the hand simmilar to the grant glove. they have a more firm leather and it's packed more tightly
      they hold form around the hand

additionally, they dont have any horse hair which is the primary padding on the knuckles on the reyes glove

reyes and everlast are the punchers gloves

i'm of the belief that the 10 oz winning gloves on canelos hands were godsent for hatton

Comment

i bet hatton is glad canelo stayed away from reyes. he would of been out of there quick and his face wouldn't be the same this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Money View Post
          I thought he was a puncher and would support the mexican Cleyto Reyes brand?

Comment

Working...
          X