Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Ogogo: I'd Love To Fight Chris Eubank Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Anthony Ogogo: I'd Love To Fight Chris Eubank Jr.

ANTHONY OGOGO aims to revolutionise boxing – by making his fights like WWE wrestling.

The 2012 Olympic bronze medallist will make his pro debut either in the UK on April 20 or in Las Vegas on May 4 after signing a five-year deal with American promoters Golden Boy.

And Ogogo, 24, insists boxing could learn from the entertainment value of wrestling.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Ogogo needs to fight at least 7-8 time a year.

Comment

Can't handle a jalapeno though can you?

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post
        Why? That would mean by the time he is 30 he would be pushing 50 fights. Who really boxes 8 times a year these days?

He's signed with golden boy, I'd expect 4-5 fights a year more realistically.

But why would you say he needs to?

Comment

Schaefer has said Ogogo will hopefully box about 8 times in his first year. After that I'm guessing he fights about 4-5 times as his built up then goes to 3 ifghts a year if he moves to world level.

I saw Ogogo at the Olympics and he has a style that can adapt well to the pros although the Jr fight seems like a good 2-3 years down the line.

However, I do like the sound of his ambition, he obviously wants to be a star and hopefully he knows he can only be a star if he fights the best

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post
            Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
            Schaefer has said Ogogo will hopefully box about 8 times in his first year. After that I'm guessing he fights about 4-5 times as his built up then goes to 3 ifghts a year if he moves to world level.

I saw Ogogo at the Olympics and he has a style that can adapt well to the pros although the Jr fight seems like a good 2-3 years down the line.

However, I do like the sound of his ambition, he obviously wants to be a star and hopefully he knows he can only be a star if he fights the best
            Fair point.. 8 bums to showcase and gain experience in first year is the norm, but not every year. He's a good fighter, be interesting to see how his story unfolds in due course

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyG View Post
              Why? That would mean by the time he is 30 he would be pushing 50 fights. Who really boxes 8 times a year these days?

He's signed with golden boy, I'd expect 4-5 fights a year more realistically.

But why would you say he needs to?
              Because he's just turning pro it's not unusual for fighters to have 7 or 8 fights in their first year.

Schafer believes that GB will have him out 4 times in the UK and 4 times in the States this year if he stays clear of any injury off course.

Comment

Agogo is annoying me already , he's not even had a fight yet and he goes on about being the best British middleweight of all time ect.. Now he wants to fight Eubank jr . He needs to let his fist do the talking and be quite and tbh he got battered in the Olympic semi how well is he really going to do

Comment

I, for one, am very glad boxing is not like WWE.

Comment

I've never watched wrestling (well not since Big Daddy & Giant Haystacks) but if Ogogo can even get 1/5th of the viewers that Eubank did back in the early 90's he'll be doing brilliantly.

I think Eubank used to get something like 15 million viewers which represents a HUGE proportion of the population.

Have a butchers at this entrance v Rocchigiani in Germany.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1d4vqkCby4

Comment

Working...
                    X