Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kessler's Manager Fires Back: Andre Ward Held 88 Times!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like I said before.............Boxing fans come up with more excuses for losses than any other sport out there.

Comment

Ward beat Kessler's ass with ease
      holding and headbutts obviously didn't do Kessler any good
      but Ward won the damn fight with his fists
      if they rematched, Ward would own him again
      Kessler's crew better worry about Froch getting his payback now

Comment

Originally posted by omyblaze57 View Post
        Why should Andre go away from Oakland? Nobody has earned the right for fighting him away from his backyard.
        You mean like the way Ward fought Kessler when he was the #1 super-middle in the world in Denmark? This argument thats been made by tons of people is so dumb and massively hypocritical.

To the person comparing Kessler and Ward for away fights - Kessler took Calzaghe on in Wales, Ward on in Oakland and is fighting Froch in England. Enough said.

Anybody who watched Kessler-Ward knows he got away with a lot in that fight, he wouldn't have got away with it outside his hometown. Ward may well have won the fight anyway, but given what happened the legitamicy of that result is certainly in doubt.

Given the way Americans always ***** and whine when Europeans don't travel to the states, these guys are well within their rights to call out Ward for doing the same thing. Man-up Andre.

also...

Originally posted by gbonafide View Post
        Atlantic City which is closer to Nottingham than Oakland.
        Not true, and its completley irrelevant, I live closer to France than Nottingham but wouldn't support any frogs. Point is it was still in the States his home country.

Comment

Excuses! regardless where the fight was held Kessler got beaten handily. He can complain about headbutts/holding but Kessler was the veteran of the 2 with 43 fights to Wards 20. You would expect the Kessler to know better and study Wards style.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
            88, interesting choice.
            For a reason:

http://

Comment

Well, he's not lying when he says that. Take a look at CompuClinch.

Kessler was trying to box while Ward was trying to pull some MMA moves, it wasn't pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                When Kessler was Champion, did Ward 'earn the right' to fight him in his own backyard?

Mayweather refused to fight Hatton in the UK when he was the man at 140. In fact, he even cried about having to go the whole way to Atlantic City to fight Gatti.

Meanwhile you have champions like Pacquiao, Martinez, Matthysse, Marquez etc who are willing to fight all over the world with no b/s about 'earning it'.

I'm a Ward fan but he should travel, he has the rep for a reason. In saying that, I think he will fight in Europe sooner or later. Unlike a lot of fighters I do think he has principles.
                If there's a lot of money to fight at Europe, then why they fought at US with Kessler being the champion? It doesn't make any sense. Promoters always go where the money is. When Europeans fought each other, they fought at Europe. Why did they fight Ward at US? Because there was more money at US than at Europe for that fight, as simple as that. Trust me, if there's enough money for Ward to go to Europe to defend his title, he'll go and he will repeat the story of the first fight. Most of the fight fans don't understand that as of now, boxing and the rest of the sports out there is all about business. Besides you being a superstar, boxing is a high risk, low reward sport. If you do enough to call your shots, then go ahead. Few boxers earn those rights, and if they are intelligent enough to go through a boxing career making money and without too much shots received, then you will be able to enjoy retirement with a lot of money and few physical inabilities to go with. That's the way boxing should be managed to make it a career...

Comment

my thing is if u cant stop a fighte from clinching u, then who's fault is that??? get better training. there are ways to fight out of a clinch. if u sit there and let a fighter hold u, u have every right to lose. and if anyone saw the fight, they know that ward wasnt just holding. he was doing a lot of good work out of those clinches. ppl just dont know wtf they are seeing. thats why euro boxing is crap imo, not enough skill and too much whining. u euros need to get that monkey off your back n get better.

Comment

Look at all the times Kessler's head got rocked back by Andre's "holding." His fans need to just admit that he got beat by the better man.

Comment

Do people not understand the difference between holding and fighting inside? Ward tied Kessler up a few times to slow him down, JUST like Mikey Garcia did recently to Salido. Most of the time though, Kessler was the one grabbing hold of Ward when Ward would move in close on Mikkel to fight inside, given the fact Kessler can't fight inside and isn't used to that, he panicked and would clinch Ward, when Kessler clinched Ward, Andre would work the free hand which was next level stuff.

Just watch the fight for yourself, Ward outboxes Kessler on the back-foot, when Kessler tries to pressure Ward, Ward would slide inside on Kessler and intelligently smother him, and Kessler's not used to that due to it being more of an American unconventional style of boxing, so like I said, he would clinch Ward. Anyway you slice it, Ward embarrassed a 43 fight veteran who was an elite level fighter with only 20 fights and outclassed him in every facet of the game. And, I like Kessler I think he's a great fighter, but like Andre has said himself, Kessler came to Oakland because he thought there was no way he could lose and thought he had a green fighter in front of him. Mikkel was wrong, and he payed the very hefty price for the gamble he took. End of story.

I think Ward got rough with Kessler and out muscled him not only to prove a point to Mikkel, but to prove a point to all of the journalists/writers and everyone else who said he had a suspect chin and was nothing but a decent boxer with no power and no physical strength. They were all wrong. Like Ward also said himself right before the Abraham fight "When I'm physical, I'm dirty. When I box, I'm not physical enough. Which tells me to just fight my fight." The truth.

Comment

Working...
                      X