Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Troy Ross got robbed in Germany against Yoan Pablo Hernandez.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If there was some crime, it was in the mis-handling of the fifth. Picking the count up at two was charitable. So were some of the breaks. On scoring? Eh, I had it 6-6 with Ross winning, but it was a close fight. Not a robbery (though one of the cards was epically bad).

Comment

Fight shouldve been stopped in the 5th......the ref was clueless, was he from Dominican Republik the bald headed idiot ref?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
        That's not really a robbery by ordinary German standards.

Though how the ref managed to get a Hernandez who at that point thought he was a confused salmon swimming in a quiet lake out of round 5 was a work of art. He'll be revered in Germany for many a year.

Probably statue being erected as we speak.
        I disagree. If a fight is really close, I mean so close that without scoring the rounds it feels almost like a draw, and then one guy gets a clear decision, you can say it wasnt a robbery really. But if you watch a fight and without scoring it you know who won, it is definitely a robbery if the other guy gets the decision.
        And with all respect to other posters here, but there is just no way Hernandez won this fight. Troy Ross was beating him up and Hernandez couldnt adjust AT ALL and got hurt over and over again. Yes, there are maybe 3 or 4 rounds you can give Hernandez, but not more. So Troy Ross won around 8 rounds plus the knockdown. That makes this a clear robbery for me.
        Some guys have to stop saying "dont always throw out the word robbery". But when do you want us to use the word robbery? When a guy clearly wins all 12 rounds and knocks his opponent down 10 times? On the highest level you wont see something like that in Boxing. So you have to just score the rounds and when one guy is ahead on your scorecard by 4 or 5 points, then it can be called a robbery.
        That being said: The referee saved Hernandez on numerous occasions when he was hurt and turning his back on Ross. Ref gave him time to recover over and over again. This fight has written robbery all over it

Comment

Yeah the 5th was an absolute joke.

Proof of the old adage you have to nail them to the canvas to get a draw in Germany.

Hernandez at that point thought he was a caterpillar in its chrysalis waiting for the day it could feel a warm summer breeze on its face as a butterfly. (I'll stop now)

But over the course of the rest of the fight I didn't score it but there were long stretches were Ross couldn't get into punching range.

Comment

There was no robbery......

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
            Every time Troy let his hands go, he was kicking Yoan's ass.
            Cloud made the most important point. Ross rarely let his hands go. Outside of the 5th and a few spurts in other rounds after, all he did was follow Hernandez around while eating jabs and straights. By no means did Hernandez look good at all, but he had more moments and had better ring generalship throughout the fight. Some of you are conveniently overlooking that fact he hurt Ross late in the fight on a couple of occasions. It was a close fight, no robbery at all. Ross gassed, that's why he wouldn't let his hands go. You don't win for staring at your opponent in the ring.

Comment

Working...
            X