Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Alvarez doesn't want to fight any 154lbs contendors...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    oh yeah man, that's highly likely.

who the hell is goldenboy going to allow to buy out their highest paid young fighter? their chief competitors?

you are talking straight out of your ass and you're in far over your head.
    Was it highly likely that Floyd would buy out his contract with Top Rank? Something being difficult or unlikely doesn't mean it's impossible. I didn't even think Gamboa would get out of his contract. Stop catching feelings this is a debate, I must have upset you since you're throwing out insults. This is quite amusing.

Comment

oh yeah man, that's highly likely.

who the hell is goldenboy going to allow to buy out their highest paid young fighter? their chief competitors?

you are talking straight out of your ass and you're information far over your head.
      because the TS thinks that his "liking the fight" is reason to make it.

when you get a canelo alvarez thread you get a lot of this

"i've only been watching boxing for a few years at best and i'm too impatient to wait for alvarez to be matched tough."
      I stated fights that I'd like to see on a boxing website. What's the big deal? The only person crying here is you.

Comment

if lopez breaks canelo's jawpiece NSB will never be the same.

hell, lopez would almost certainly win the fighter of the year award, considering that everybody else has done so little.
        oscar said he'd try to get lopez a mayweather fight IF he beat canelo

Comment

I'm almost positive without reading any posts that what I'm gonna say has been said already. I really do enjoy watching Canelo fight, but who has he fought at 154 again? Mosley, Gomez, Cintron, etc.. I want to see him at least fight someone ranked 1-3. Hell 1-6 will do for me, but a move to 160 for what? He hasn't beat anyone near the top of the 154 lbs. division.

Comment

Well eventually even his fans will demand that he fight the best in his Division

Just like Martinez said about Chavez Jr during their face off, guys get HANDED THE TITLE then they become PUPPETS to PROTECT THEIR TITLE...why give these titles if they are not ready? Martinez was 100% when he said your suppose to learn and grow as a fighter on your way to a title, not just being HANDED ONE like Chavez Jr and Canelo and then it becomes all about "POLITICS" and "WHO MAKES THE MOST MONEY IS WHO I WILL FIGHT" as the PRIMARY EXCUSE as to why they don't want to fight the best in their Division this is why I don't see Alvarez remaining on top because by handing him the title he missed all that valuable experience he could have gain while trying to reach the top...while someone like a Lara and Trout, guys who really have to earn their way to the top, they will SCHOOL Canelo when they do get in him in the RING because they will be much more PREPARED for Different Styles as Fighters who have faced Solid opponents as they work their way to the top

GBP is selling his LOOK...NOT HIS SKILLS IN THE RING and to me a fighter like that will be exposes as soon as they step up competition and Oscar and GBP knows that so they continue to STALL
            Last edited by sicko; 08-27-2012, 02:41 PM.

Comment

why would they want the fight?

chavez jr works for somebody else...

if those two are ever going to fight it wont be at this stage in their careers, where the money won't be that good, and the loser will take a step back that he'll possibly never regain.
              The reason why they don't want the fight is because Chavez beats the $h!t out of ginger, period.

Comment

while i agree that chave and canelo have been babied and being fed easy opponents, to say they dont have skills is ridiculous

Comment

Would like to see Alvarez fight in the middleweight division... Could be the next undisputed champ.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    The reason why they don't want the fight is because Chavez beats the $h!t out of ginger, period.
                    that wouldn't be as much of an issue if he didn't work for somebody else..

i dont think canelo could beat JR, he doesnt have the craft to beat such a huge guy

Comment

I don't understand why everyone keeps mentioning Canelo facing Ryan Rhodes?

Rhodes was a contender back when no one was fighting at 154 and the division wasn't as hot as it is now.

The division has changed drastically since then to now. That's crystal clear. The division is not the same. How long will Canelo live off of fighting Rhodes as an excuse to why he can't fight a strong JMW today?

Let me ask those that advocate Canelo fighting Rhodes as a legit fight a question. If Canelo was able to fight the #3 or #6 contender in Ryan Rhodes, or whatever ranking he was, a few years ago, then why can't he fight the #3 or #6 ranked fighter today (few years later)?

Unless you're admitting that Ryan Rhodes was a joke, if he did it a few years ago, he should not only be able to do the same today, but more.

Comment

Working...
                      X