Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can enjoy boxers that arent brawlers, but I just cant enjoy watching ward's holding

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can enjoy boxers that arent brawlers, but I just cant enjoy watching ward's holding

Its just so boring and bad, i mean you could say that rodriquez caused it, but ward has been fighting like this his whole career. He is clearly causing it a lot of the times. Its why Hopkins never truely became a ppv draw. its not a good style, floyd is way more entertaining than ward. He either needs to change his style, or develop a personality, because by the looks of that empty arena he clearly doesn't have a big fanbase

And isn't holding illegal any?

Yeah pretty much. It's a really frustrating style and I don't think a guy as talented as Ward should be resorting to excessively clinching/headbutting, especially not against a C class fighter like Rodriguez. Andre fights very negative and constantly spoils all the action, yes it's effective and efficient, but it's a complete bore to watch. And while Hopkins does it as well, he didn't so much in his earlier years, watch his Trinidad masterclass.

Comment

I'd rather watch Charlie Ward fight than Andre Ward.

Comment

People ***** about Wlad's holding, but defend Ward's. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by robust_ View Post
          I'd rather watch Charlie Ward fight than Andre Ward.

Yeah, and Charlie's dead!!

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
            i dont defend eithers both guys are illegal as hell but wlad is the king of clinching he clinches from first bell to last almost. real boxers box or fight!!

Comment

I'm about to torture myself and watch this fight for the first time, wish me luck

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
                I'm about to torture myself and watch this fight for the first time, wish me luck
                Goodluck. The 4th round is funny though. Clearly the best part.

Comment

I like Ward and respect how good he is but there was no way I was wasting my time watching this fight as it has to be a well matched fight before it's even worth tuning in for due to his style of killing fights.
                  I usually wake up and head to the video section, but I knew this was a badly matched fight and would be a total snoozefest of hugging and a feather fisted slapping beat down even though we were being told he was now a puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                    Wlad completely killed that fight... He wasn't even trying to punch, it was despicable... And I actually like Wlad, but damn...

Ward uses clinching strategically... Its the equivalent to punching just on the belt line where the ref can't say it was low, but you're opponent felt the same shock as if it were (just not the pain).

He clinches just to immobilize his opponent, than he lets his hands go... He doesn't hold blatantly enough for the referee to issue a warning (definitely not enough to deduct points or DQ) but its still kinda ugly, kinda dirty etc etc... have a bottle

If u were a fighter and knew how to utilize clinching to keep yourself from getting hit and preserve your career, you absolutely would

Comment

Working...
                    X