Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people so quick to accuse fighters of ducking?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
    It's like people forget that Arum offered Floyd 8 mil for that fight. You can say that Cotto was Arum's cash cow at the time, but he wasn't even on a PPV yet.
    Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    He had a lot more to lose with Cotto.

Cotto was his next star and money machine.
    oh i agree but the point i was making is that arum was willing to work with floyd contrary to the excuses you hear from the floyd fans why fights did'nt get made....

Comment

arum offered floyd 7 million to fight cotto when cotto was still at 140 and floyd's career high was 5 million. instead floyd wanted 10 million? the same amount he got to fight delahoya to fight 140 pound cotto? this is called ducking. cotto lives too far away....

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        arum offered floyd 7 million to fight cotto when cotto was still at 140 and floyd's career high was 5 million. instead floyd wanted 10 million? the same amount he got to fight delahoya to fight 140 pound cotto? this is called ducking. cotto lives too far away....
        What year?

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
          People seem to love to say fighters are ducking each other. "Garcia is ducking Matthysse." "Donaire is ducking Rigo." "Floyd is ducking (insert fighter)." Some fights take time to materialise. Sure some fights never happen but that doesn't mean that fights don't come off because a fighter is "ducking". Boxing is a business first and fighters as well as promoters are looking to maximize profits. At times it can really suck for the fans, but that's just the nature of boxing. I doubt there are many fighters who are scared of each other.
          Because puga is a virgin..

Comment

People seem to love to say fighters are ducking each other. "Garcia is ducking Matthysse." "Donaire is ducking Rigo." "Floyd is ducking (insert fighter)." Some fights take time to materialise. Sure some fights never happen but that doesn't mean that fights don't come off because a fighter is "ducking". Boxing is a business first and fighters as well as promoters are looking to maximize profits. At times it can really suck for the fans, but that's just the nature of boxing. I doubt there are many fighters who are scared of each other.
            In most cases its premature to say a fighter is ducking. There's so much behind the scenes going on, that we can't really say someone is ducking unless it becomes very apparent. In the case of Danny Garcia, its definitely premature to say he's ducking Matthysse. A lot of times accusing a fighter of ducking is the equivalent of throwing a fit that a certain fight isn't happening right away.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
              oh i agree but the point i was making is that arum was willing to work with floyd contrary to the excuses you hear from the floyd fans why fights did'nt get made....
              I was agreeing with you. I can't stand when Flowmos use that whole Arum excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                I'm not sure, possibly not, but Floyd wasn't even going to try to make it happen.

He took 2 years off from the sport.
                EXACTLY. How can you even make a fight with someone, if they're retired!?

Comment

Where did I say that I support that? Boxing fans are probably the dumbest of any sport. People will **** on fights and still buy them on PPV. I don't do that. If you're going to buy ****ty fights why should fighters and promoters give us the fights we want to see? However, I'm not naive enough to believe that a fighter is ducking just because a fight doesn't happen right away.
                  You're making excuses for them. You should be criticizing fighters and promoters that kinda crAp, otherwise you're gonna get Garcia-morales 3

Boxing is a business first? Quillin-Golovin will do MUCH bigger business then quillin- Guerrero and them quillin-Rubio, so why isn't it happening again?

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
                    I was agreeing with you. I can't stand when Flowmos use that whole Arum excuse.
                    i know man , i know ..

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      You're making excuses for them. You should be criticizing fighters and promoters that kinda crAp, otherwise you're gonna get Garcia-morales 3

Boxing is a business first? Quillin-Golovin will do MUCH bigger business then quillin- Guerrero and them quillin-Rubio, so why isn't it happening again?
                      Making excuses?????? I choose not to cry and say a fighter is ducking if a fight doesn't happen right away. You got people saying that Garcia is ducking Matthysse already. Personally, I'd rather sit back and wait and see what happens before jumping to conclusions. What do the people who said Donaire was ducking Rigo have to say now?

Comment

Working...
                      X