No announcement yet.

I've lost weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pennywise X View Post
    The thing is too stay motivated! and dont drink diet soda its almost as bad as regular soda...im started my diet/training regiment this monday, its hard to drink just water when u got to go to school and work..energy drinks and mountain dew sound so appealing...but I need to go back to half a glass of OJ in the morning and water the rest of the day. im 250lbs i want to be under 200 by summer seems hard..will power so weak...
    its cool man, post your updates in this thread if you like, working together keeps you motivated

Comment

• ^^will do ill post my weekly progress every monday on here.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        These are before and after pics of Martin Berkhan, probably the most famous practitioner of Intermittent Fasting at the moment.

A lot of you guys that are fat or that want to get ripped would probably give your left nut to have his build.

If you want to look muscular you are far better off burning the blubber through IF than you would be "bulking up."
        Never liked that look, what's that like, 5% body fat? Overdoing it unless you're a fitness model/bodybuilder and participating in competitions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
          Well I've gone from 200lb to 190 in 1 week.

That's the first week so I guess a lot of water weight, but it is noticeable and I have lost an inch off my pants size.

I'm going for 180 with 11 weeks left, should be easy, i'll make the goal weight early so then will switch my goals to BF% and adding lean muscle.

The reason for all this is to be able to look good for my holiday and pick up some hot mexican chicks or something, on the beach.

Week 1 progress pic

Week 2 progress pic

love handles look bigger in the second week pic. Crash diets are not the way

Comment

• Originally posted by Fury View Post
            I don't have any scales but I can certainly tell the difference. I fluctuated from 21 stone to 25 a lot. I feel like I'm probably around 22 stone now. This time I'm determined to continue.

Last time I lost 5 stone in 3 months. Went to the doctor's and he called me fat even after losing that much. So I said **** it and started eating unhealthy again.
            Well what the heel did you think he was going to say looking like that? Was he supposed to say you're skinny and a beacon of health?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alx. View Post
              Never liked that look, what's that like, 5% body fat? Overdoing it unless you're a fitness model/bodybuilder and participating in competitions.
              He's probably too lean but that's subjective.

The point is that if he can get down to such low bodyfat percentages with intermittent fasting then regular people can get to a decent weight with intermittent fasting too.

And it's possible to gain a muscular appearance while doing so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
                love handles look bigger in the second week pic. Crash diets are not the way
                They look bigger because I lost a lot of water weight, which made my belly shrink, love handles and ass will be the last thing to go on me, because my body stores a lot of fat there.

I'll probably always look like i have some love handles in pics because i have wide hips.

Comment

• After some research and consideration i have decided to change things up a bit.

What I am going to do is increase my lean protein intake, and lift heavy 4 days a week, but stay at a caloric maintainance for the first 6 weeks or so.

In this way hopefully I can start to gain some lean muscle, while still slowly cutting the fat.

The reason is, if i wait till im alow bodyfat, thats going to take another 2 months or so, and there is no way I can put on enough muscle to look decent in that time.

it's a gamble, but let's see how it goes

Comment

• how tall are you?
                    im 6.2 and weigh currently 220 pounds. i would like to lose around 20 pounds to be in an ideal shape.

Any recommendations for cutting down from 220 to 200 without crash dieting?
                    Last edited by Weltschmerz; 01-28-2013, 09:41 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                      it's a gamble, but let's see how it goes
                      What?!

It's what you should've been doing all along, weight lifting > cardio. You'll have a decent amount of muscle by the time that fat comes off.

Comment

Working...
                      X