Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Keith Thurman please get a fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Thurman. He has some legit power. I don't know how good he'll become, but he's exciting.

I don't understand why up and comers always get hated on. He's a hype job! He's a bum! People say. But shouldn't we support fresh new faces as our stars get old and near retirement?

Comment

Originally posted by ItsTrue View Post
      Lol so if Floyd picks Paulie for his next fight thats ok right?
      Why pretend like Mayweather and Martinez are in the same situation? The only similarity is that they are on the P4P list. If we're criticizing them from that perspective, then both Murray and Malignaggi aren't acceptable opposition. The only reason I'm giving Sergio a pass is because he's coming off an injury. Mayweather is coming off a lay-off, but is that even note-worthy?
      Last edited by kiaba360; 01-24-2013, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        Why pretend like Mayweather and Martinez are in the same situation? The only similarity is that they are on the P4P list. If we're criticizing them from that perspective, then both Murray and Malignaggi aren't acceptable opposition. The only reason I'm giving Sergio a pass is because he's coming off an injury. Mayweather is coming off a lay-off, but is that even note-worthy?
        Lol. Keep the double standard alive bro.

Comment

Lol. Keep the double standard alive bro.
          I think Murray presents more of a threat to Martinez than Malignaggi does to Mayweather. Paulie has about as much chance of beating Mayweather as Arce had of beating Donaire, absolutely none. Mayweather could be suffering from ring rust and still white-wash Paulie. Therefore, how can I hold both match-ups to the same standard? I already said that if we were to hold both fighters to their P4P rankings, then both Murray/Malignaggi wouldn't be acceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            I think Murray presents more of a threat to Martinez than Malignaggi does to Mayweather. Paulie has about as much chance of beating Mayweather as Arce had of beating Donaire, absolutely none. Mayweather could be suffering from ring rust and still white-wash Paulie. Therefore, how can I hold both match-ups to the same standard? I already said that if we were to hold both fighters to their P4P rankings, then both Murray/Malignaggi wouldn't be acceptable.
            Because of your first sentence. Your trying to sell me that Martin Murray is a threat. Bill Murray is a bigger threat than Martin.

Stop it.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
              I like Thurman. He has some legit power. I don't know how good he'll become, but he's exciting.

I don't understand why up and comers always get hated on. He's a hype job! He's a bum! People say. But shouldn't we support fresh new faces as our stars get old and near retirement?
              I think he has a lot of power but...

He is very raw. I think he has a lot to work on before we can consider him as a prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                I think he has a lot of power but...

He is very raw. I think he has a lot to work on before we can consider him as a prospect.
                Lol we can't consider him a prospect now?!

Comment

Maidana vs Thurman would have been Great. If he moves up to 154 hes gonna run through a majority of those guys if the power carries.
                  Thurman would blast the hell out out Maidana, no one wants to fight this guy, he is like a mini version of George Foreman. After he blasted Quintana..no one wants any part of this guy from 147-154..

Comment

Working...
                  X