Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's with all the "Guerrero deserves the shot against Floyd"?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Rapidfire

Originally posted by RapidFire26 View Post
    I have great respect for Floyd's boxing ability and skills, but I'm no fanboy.

I truly believe Canelo should fight someone in his own division before getting a shot at Floyd. Also, if Floyd is going to fight someone that big then it should probably be Sergio especially since he is older as well and has at least offered a catchweight unlike Canelo. He has also accomplished more against legitimate challenges in the ring.
    HaHa lol, Floyd better drop down to WW and stay there and never return to 154 ....EVER.

If Floyd fights Guerrero at 147, then goes on to a big money Canelo fight in september at 154lbs .... what do you think Sergio is gonna say.

Sergio is already calling Floyd out and offering a 150 catch weight, which I think is generous to Floyd, given all of Floyd's criticisim of Manny's CWs.

Sergio would utterly destroy Floyd ala Paul Williams.

So, after Floyd fights Canelo at the full 154 limit, be on the lookout for Sergio to start calling out Floyd non-stop.

After Floyd fights Canelo, he disappears back to 147 for life. Guaranteed.

Comment

• Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      Out of the three viable opponents, he's the only one that's done anything.
      Cotto lost and ginger stays beating old and smaller guys.
      As we all know in the end, it's not if you deserve it or not but if you bring a crowd.... which is the only reason Canelo is even being considered... as well as Cotto
      I'd still rather see Canelo get a shot first.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
        Yes. He became the lineal champ by beating Judah. Doesnt mean he was more of a threat and a bigger challenge at the time than Margarito. He was a journeyman with 11 losses who went on to lose 3 of his next 5 fights after Floyd. Belts and titles dont make a fighter. Anyone can win a belt.

The Floydboy defense back then was that he was making $1 more to face Baldomir and it was the smarter business decision.
        yea but how are you or anyone so certain that margarito would of been a threat?baldomir was arguably more desrving because he beat the lineal champ and a more recognizable fighter than anyone margarito had fought.

if floyd had fought margarito and margarito just happened to be an easy fight for floyd then floyd fights baldomir and baldomir gives floyd more problems than margarito did would floyd get or should get credit for beating baldomir being that he gave floyd more problems than the man who was thought to be such a big threat?
        Last edited by letsgobrady; 12-21-2012, 03:01 PM.

Comment

• @jaestix1

Originally posted by TheBoxingBanger View Post
          I know, seriously man. Floyd ducked the entire elite WW division and waited for Manny Pacquiao to clean house and wipe em' out.

Floyd is a good fighter to me, he just blantantly wouldn't fight the best.

I'll still take Manny over Floyd if the fight ever happens.

Triangle Theories don't work, and Floyd didn't fight the JMM juiced and PED'd up that Manny did, so let's not say Floyd automatically wins, because he doesn't.
          Originally posted by jaestix1 View Post
          if beating past-prime, old, jww's, lw's, top rank employed, weight-drained, come-forward type fighters is "cleaning house" at ww then yea you're right, sleepy-head did "clean house" at ww. i don't think you're that stupid to believe that so surely you jest.
          Hey jaestix1 i'm new around here, are you on of these Flomo things people keep warning me about?

Manny did clean out WW. Regardless of your opinions, Manny did steamroll all the people Floyd was afraid of.

To be honest, I think the only reason Mayweather started to step up his game was because he got jealous that everybody was jumping the p4p ship to Manny's side.

Mayweather/Pacquiao has lost its luster, but I still wantit. Underestimation is the mother of all fuckups. And we all know Mayweather thinks he will walk through Manny given JMM2.0's KO(*)

* JMM was on PEDs for PAC/JMM4

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBoxingBanger View Post
            Well dead, simply put, you have to understand the human body. Our DNA does a pretty good job replicating and recovering. This has to due with our Mitochondria.

Mitochondria work great for our bodies up until the age of roughly 30. Some thing happens that we haven't quite figured out yet, and we begin to slow down.

Manny just turned 34. Scientifically, his body is slowing down.

In cases involving my clients over 30years old, i'd draw some blood, send it to the lab to get their testosterone ratio. If it falls below 4:1, then I would suggest some TRT.

With testosterone replacement therepy I inject a little pill subdermally in fatty tissue and the clients levels balance out properly in about a week.

To answer your question, Manny Pacquiao in 2009-2010 was sceintifically at his Prime.

Manny Pacquiao never looked swollen like the incredible hulk the way JMM did either. Not to mention JMM being at 5% bodyfat.

Physiologically, the human body will add bulk muscle mass OR conditioned fitness(lowbodyfat) ..... NOT both.

You only get dramatically increased musclemass AND lowered body fat with drugs.
            4:1 T/E ratio is the maximum allowable. 1:1 T/E ratio is normal.
            So your saying low T/E is just under 4:1? And you need TRT?

I think you got some stuff mixed up
            Originally posted by El Gallo Negro! View Post
            is that like when Floyd chose to fight oscar and Hatton over Margarito?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
            Actually he chose Baldomir( Lineal champ) who he fought for 8 million first fight after leaving Arum. I guess in your mind Floyd should of done business with Arum who wouldn't get Floyd what he wanted to fight Marg while he was under Top Rank, which was I believe 10 mill guarantees to fight Cotto and DLH.

Oh and he didn't chose Hatton over Marg due to the fact Paul Williams beat Marg July 2007.

Originally posted by TheBoxingBanger View Post
            I know, seriously man. Floyd ducked the entire elite WW division and waited for Manny Pacquiao to clean house and wipe em' out.

Floyd is a good fighter to me, he just blantantly wouldn't fight the best.

I'll still take Manny over Floyd if the fight ever happens.

Triangle Theories don't work, and Floyd didn't fight the JMM juiced and PED'd up that Manny did, so let's not say Floyd automatically wins, because he doesn't.
            Explain who he ducked at Welter??

Cotto??? Ehhh wouldnt call it a duck. Floyd wanted the fight at 140 and wanted Arum to make the fight before he left. Cotto at the time of Floyd fighting Hatton had Mosley, Judah and quintana under his belt, but subsequently lost to Marg his next fight.( he fought Gomez before Marg)

Marg???? Already explained that

P Will??? Well the Quintana fight kept him out of that then he never saw Welter again.

Mosley??? Nope campaigned at 154 03-04 losing to Wright twice! Two fights at 148, then Vargas fights at 154, I believe Collazo at 147 then the loss to Cotto. Even though Floyd had shown interest in 04 and 06. Anyone else ???
            Last edited by J Dubb II 330; 12-21-2012, 06:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBoxingBanger View Post
              Hey jaestix1 i'm new around here, are you on of these Flomo things people keep warning me about?

Manny did clean out WW. Regardless of your opinions, Manny did steamroll all the people Floyd was afraid of.

To be honest, I think the only reason Mayweather started to step up his game was because he got jealous that everybody was jumping the p4p ship to Manny's side.

Mayweather/Pacquiao has lost its luster, but I still wantit. Underestimation is the mother of all fuckups. And we all know Mayweather thinks he will walk through Manny given JMM2.0's KO(*)

* JMM was on PEDs for PAC/JMM4
              How did he clean out Welter ???? By making Cotto fight at 146 for his own title
              Clottey who just lost to Cotto?
              Mosley who he ducked while Shane was champ at 147 then fighting him after Floyd loss and a dismal trip to 154???

Comment

• Originally posted by J Dubb II 330 View Post
                4:1 T/E ratio is the maximum allowable. 1:1 T/E ratio is normal.
                So your saying low T/E is just under 4:1? And you need TRT?

I think you got some stuff mixed up

Actually he chose Baldomir( Lineal champ) who he fought for 8 million first fight after leaving Arum. I guess in your mind Floyd should of done business with Arum who wouldn't get Floyd what he wanted to fight Marg while he was under Top Rank, which was I believe 10 mill guarantees to fight Cotto and DLH.

Oh and he didn't chose Hatton over Marg due to the fact Paul Williams beat Marg July 2007.

Explain who he ducked at Welter??

Cotto??? Ehhh wouldnt call it a duck. Floyd wanted the fight at 140 and wanted Arum to make the fight before he left. Cotto at the time of Floyd fighting Hatton had Mosley, Judah and quintana under his belt, but subsequently lost to Marg his next fight.( he fought Gomez before Marg)

Marg???? Already explained that

P Will??? Well the Quintana fight kept him out of that then he never saw Welter again.

Mosley??? Nope campaigned at 154 03-04 losing to Wright twice! Two fights at 148, then Vargas fights at 154, I believe Collazo at 147 then the loss to Cotto. Even though Floyd had shown interest in 04 and 06. Anyone else ???
                I like this post.....using facts instead of blind hate!

Comment

• What if he fights both Canelo and Guererro next year?

Comment

• Bump.......

Comment

Working...
                    X