Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think we will see a "cashless" society in our lifetime?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kenny MF Powers View Post
    So dont buy **** from places that charge fees for non cash transactions. If we were all using cards etc, those places would start charging for cash transactions most likely. Its just a scam anyway. Bull**** convenience fee, hell I should get a break for not making ****ers have to touch and count cash.

Exact same for me as well.
    I don't even use a savings. I know in my head what I have to save each month for my Chrysler 300 payment, rent, food, gas, etc.

All I need to do is have a certain amount direct deposited into my account. It's pretty nice.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
      $25 for lunch ???
      how many Whoppers do you eat everyday???
      well sometimes i have long days were i buy lunch twice

Comment

Imagine what would happen if the databases and information systems used to allow for this cashless society were to ever temporarily shut down. The risk of that ever happening would probably prevent our government from ever trying to go down the cashless route.

Comment

It's been close to it for years already in the US. Japan is the exact opposite, most every place accepts cash only, so you have to carry around benjamins on your person.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
            I work in front of this company that repairs MRI machines. It's a real high tech place and the older dude that's in charge there showed me a chip that is implanted in his wrist that he uses to get in the place, his money, personal info, etc.

It blew my mind, I would never have something like that. He was saying in the future, that's how we will keep track of everything including our money.
            Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
            I mean it's scary, thinking that big brother has so much information on you and that technology is going to force us into doing things we might not want to do.

For example, I was talking to him and he was telling me that we might not have hard drives much longer, that things like cloud drives will be the future of computers and the internet where all of our info is located in some remote storage with who knows who is in charge of it.

All your info will be public, you will literally be carrying everything about you in a small chip.

I'm not down with that.
            Really interesting posts. I am pretty sure you got an early look at what is to come.

Comment

Originally posted by sukhenkoy View Post
              Imagine what would happen if the databases and information systems used to allow for this cashless society were to ever temporarily shut down. The risk of that ever happening would probably prevent our government from ever trying to go down the cashless route.
              There would be back up systems to make sure what you have described could not happen.

Comment

Nah. . . I don't see anything drastic enough happening in the next 60-70 years.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
                  Nah. . . I don't see anything drastic enough happening in the next 60-70 years.

cosgin.

they could very well do away with the penny, though.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    cosgin.

they could very well do away with the penny, though.
                    According to the most recent figures, the cost for the U.S. Mint to produce and distribute one cent has risen to 2.41 cents, its highest level ever.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...er-penny-coins

Yeah Lincoln's mug is probably the only reason it lasted this long. Apparently the nickel costs over 11 cents to make. Combined they result in an annual lost of over 100 million bucks.

http://news.coinupdate.com/cost-to-m...el-rises-1139/

I think we are, for the most part, a cashless society already. But I don't see it disappearing completely for decades to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
                      I know that most of us if were told over the internet what you were shown by the older guy would say it is science fiction conspiracy garbage. I know you think all this conspiracy stuff is silly also having read some of your posts . Having seen what the older guy showed you what do you make of this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGAaPjqdbgQ

In it film producer the late Aaron Russo talking to Alex Jones says the end game is exactly what the older guy describes.
                      Look, I never once said I don't believe that some conspiracies could have some truth's to them. The problem is that individuals like Alex Jones, prey on the desire of people to WANT these conspiracies to be true. When it's nothing more than an advancement of technology or just a fraction of what people think.

For example, the whole Area 51 thing was nothing more than a facility built to counter what the Russians were doing after the war. I recently read a book where this woman who was the daughter of a man who was high up in the gvt, said the Russians were spying on the Americans and what they found was a Russian spy plane of some type that was very advanced for the time.

That turned into the bodies of two extra terrestrials.....lol

Again, I think we are heading to a place that is going to make some people uncomfortable, myself included but it doesn't mean the illuminati is going to turn us all into mindless zombies.

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                      According to the most recent figures, the cost for the U.S. Mint to produce and distribute one cent has risen to 2.41 cents, its highest level ever.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...er-penny-coins

Yeah Lincoln's mug is probably the only reason it lasted this long. Apparently the nickel costs over 11 cents to make. Combined they result in an annual lost of over 100 million bucks.

http://news.coinupdate.com/cost-to-m...el-rises-1139/

I think we are, for the most part, a cashless society already. But I don't see it disappearing completely for decades to come.
                      Clearly the fault of Obama.

Comment

Working...
                      X