Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Cotto beats Pacquiao and Mayweather withouth controversy, is he #1 p4p?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
    Dude got ***** hurt, because Cotto was a ass to him and his girlfriend, and Now he is Cotto's #1 hater!!!
    LOL, I like Cotto even more now.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingTito View Post
      I would say you'd have to put him there.
      how many ****in times i gotta say this... cotto cannot become p4p #1 by beating pac... if this was true then hatton could become p4p #1 by beating pac if he beat him... ITS THE SAME LOGIC!

cotto has to beat mosley to get even close to pbf at #1 (if cotto beat pac) and even then cotto has to beat pbf to get to #1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
        how many ****in times i gotta say this... cotto cannot become p4p #1 by beating pac... if this was true then hatton could become p4p #1 by beating pac if he beat him... ITS THE SAME LOGIC!

cotto has to beat mosley to get even close to pbf at #1 (if cotto beat pac) and even then cotto has to beat pbf to get to #1.
        Read the thread.

If Cotto beats Pac AND FLOYD convincingly....then Yes, he is P4P #1.

Comment

I think he is P4P #1 if he beats Pacquiao, not for beating Pacquiao alone, but because his body of work and the recent loss of JMM, plus him beating Pacquiao.

If Cotto beats Pacquiao he should be #1, but since the Ring Mag, are a bunch of bias SOBs, they will place Floyd at #1 and they will take Cotto out of the list.

I mean, if they dropped him from 7 to 9 for beating Clottey, imagine if he beats Pacquaio
          No more gifts. He quit and then lost to Clottey thats why he dropped, don't act like he dominated and should have been bumped up after that performance. Even if he beats Pac he still not #1 simply because Floyd more talented and has never quit. As far as beating Floyd goes, that just does not seem reasonable at all, his skill set and style would be exposed and he just outright couldn't win the fight. As much as Cotto fans hate it they know they gotta go back in there and get his swag back from Margorito...He has to beat Margorito to get back in this thing.
          Last edited by Jone2ts; 09-22-2009, 01:37 PM.

Comment

• That's a pretty big if. Depends how he beats them.

Comment

Skills Wise Cotto >>>>>>>>>>Pacquiao,Chavez,Tyson who all where P4P # at sometime.

Cotto beat Mosley who is bigger than him.

Again you cant be take serious when talkinga bout Cotto because of your little incident with him you will never give the give the props he is due, because you had a personal issue with him and your hate will blind your line of tought!!!!
              Stop bringing up my personal beef with Cotto. That has nothing to do with my boxing analysis. If my being mad at him affected my assestment of him as a boxer I'd never go discuss him in depth, all I'd say is "**** that m*therfu*cker"

No way Miguel's skills are even near Julio's, Mike's and Manny's. Manny is the MUCH smaller man against Cotto, and he's the favorite in their fight, doesn't that say it all? He has also occupied the top 2 P4P slots for a few years now, and Cotto has barely hit the top 5, even falling from the top 10 after his loss to Margarito.

Chavez wasn't the best technical fighter, but he was much better than Cotto ever was at applying pressure, cutting off the ring, and inside fighting, all the things that make Cotto a good fighter. He also could take a lot more punishment and had much better stamina, as well as a stronger chin and more heart. Again, he was P4P #1 for a reason.

Prime Tyson is probably the best fighter out of all these, how you can say that Cotto has better skills than him truly baffles me. He was MUCH better defensively, constantly moving his head and bobbing and weaving to avoid punches. He was quicker to get in the pocket than Cotto, who is too patient at times. Obviously he had more punching power, that's not even debatable, and punching power is Cotto's main thing. Mike was also a sharper, more accurate puncher with a more complete arsenal than Cotto.

Like I said before, these guys were P4P #1 for a reason. Cotto has never come close to this spot. In this topic we are talking about if he'd be considered #1 after beating the last two #1s, so he obviously has a long way to go.

Comment

• bump...........

Comment

• Originally posted by KingTito View Post
                  I would say you'd have to put him there.

Hell no, the low blow artist Cotto lost to a bum named margarito and got 2 questionable decisions.One against Clottey the other against Mosley.

His resume to me is not enough to put him number 1 if he beats pac.I think he should be number 2 and floyd number 1.Heck i already have Floyd number 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by street bully View Post
                    How did Tito do against a top MW champion in Joppy? Do not compare Cotto to an ATG like Hopkins, that is an insult.

C'mon mang, the term "Top Middleweight" and Joppy should never be used in the same sentence.

Comment

• Streetbully your officially a moron.

MARQUEZ is a featherweight who is blown up,floyd is a fully fledged welterweight and cotto is too.

Cotto cant go any higher,what? you want him to be fat?!

Floyd first off isn't even a top 5 best p4p today and hopkins ain't even top 3 so how the **** is hopkins number 1 p4p?

IF HOPKINS & MANNY were p4p choices,manny could lose 6 times and still be ahead.

Comment

Working...
                      X