Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ricardo Mayorga Plans Return on Feb. 22, Eyes MMA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as the whole MMA vs boxing thing goes, i dont understand why we cant just see them as two completely different sports. A boxer will not be as effective in MMA and a Mixed martial artist would not be as effective in boxing, simple as that. You train for the discipline you practice, thats what youre good at.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
      Hell yeah, the press conference was classic!

This makes me dislike Mayorga even more. All he is trash talker that thinks he is cool and thinks he is a man.

Comment

Oh man I love that press conference, I dont think I have seen any as much times.
        It is an instant classic
        - the smug atmosphere
        - the lady interpreter
        - the bodyguards
        - Mayorga blowing smoke as he stands, just to blow it at Din's face
        - not too mention the infamous backhand
        - classic Mayorga trash talk, some of his best IMO.
        - promoter keeping everything calm, with the "tranquilo, tranquilo" line
        - Din's shirt.

Yea, definitely a classic

Comment

cant wait to see the presscon lol. war matador!

red k to the guy that called him the yorg.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

How can anyone hate on Mayorga? I could see how his loud mouth would turn people off if he didn't go out and fight the same way he talks. Dude is pure machismo.

Comment

mayorga is the MAN. but honestly, dudes will put him to sleep.

boxers dont do well in mma. period.

i would rather watch the press conference for the antics instead of the fight... i dont wanna see some dude take down mayorga and lay on him for 3 minutes. LOL.

Comment

I tell you what, I really miss this dude's press conferences you were almost guaranteed a chuckle...

Comment

Regarding Mayorga going to MMA

Mayorga spent years on the Streets fighting the meanest, toughest gangsters in Nicaragua.

He never was a boxer. He is just a straight up G that did boxing and beat the dog**** out of some world class opposition.

Did you not see the 3 finger backhand slap he gave to that MMA chump Din Thomas?

Mayorga's training for MMA will consist of 50 **** a day and a bottle of Tequila. These MMA clowns ain't ready for El Matador!

You can't train for that wreckless, couldn't give a fcuk attitude & hes going to be even more crazy in that cage.

Mayorga has a wrestling background and has trained in MMA.
                  Standing in a ring with a madman like Mayorga is one thing, being locked in a cage with him is another.

Comment

The days of MMA being a "Toughman Competition" are over. These guys going in there now are trained to be well rounded fighters from groundwork, wrestling, ju jitsu, boxing, etc. He can try to fight in Bellator against King Mo lol. King Mo actually trained with Jeff Mayweather.

Mayorga gets annihilated though. Same as if Nick Diaz boxed Chad Dawson.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                      Mayorga spent years on the Streets fighting the meanest, toughest gangsters in Nicaragua.

He never was a boxer. He is just a straight up G that did boxing and beat the dog**** out of some world class opposition.

Did you not see the 3 finger backhand slap he gave to that MMA chump Din Thomas?

Mayorga's training for MMA will consist of 50 **** a day and a bottle of Tequila. These MMA clowns ain't ready for El Matador!

You can't train for that wreckless, couldn't give a fcuk attitude & hes going to be even more crazy in that cage.

Mayorga has a wrestling background and has trained in MMA.
                      Standing in a ring with a madman like Mayorga is one thing, being locked in a cage with him is another.
                      No one can disagree, he's a straight G. He's old and maybe out of shape so I'm not sure how he'll be able to handle the ground game.

Comment

Working...
                      X