Garcia stops Khan (VIDEO)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peterson and Ariza are on their knees dying of laughter right now

Comment

The first KD suprised the hell out of me. Khan was in the lead, then BAM! He was on queer street until it ended. At first I thought Khan was okay and could have continued, but after looking into his eyes in that cam, he was done and was just going to get hurt more if it continued.

Comment

khan got all the hand speed athletisism and heart but he just doesn't have the chin and skillfull defense to take him to the next level...

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
          How was it an early stoppage? After the third knockdown Khan was visually defeated, if he had stepped forward then Bayless would have more than likely continued the fight but he backed away in a way that said ''Get me out of here''.
          Yep agreed, Bayless gave Khan too many chances, other refs could have stopped it when Bayless ask khan to walk forward and give him his gloves, he never did walk forward or give Bayless his gloves.... That right there is a stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
            Personally, I wish Bayless wouldn't have stopped it when he did. I could've went for another 3-4 knockdowns and another chicken dance before it was over.
            Actually, I think Khan does the chicken dance better than Judah ...

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
              I'll have to look at more of Garcia's fights. I knew he fought Holt and wasn't dropped and Holt can bang. I just didn't know how his chin would hold up.

Khan was winning the fight though up before the KD's.

Those exchanges were fierce man. I've seen Khan put a few guys on queer street also, that's why I wasn't underestimating his power.

Like I said before the fight, if Garcia won, I would NOT be surprised the least bit.

u should. i did, ive seen most of his big ones, and one thing u notice is garcia has impeccable timing. he always knows where his oppoenents head is gonna be. and even before the fight, it was clear the timing was what they were banking on and it was the right call. so sure khan's flurries were winning him the fight, but he was doing exactly what the garcia camp knew he would do.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                Yep agreed, Bayless gave Khan too many chances, other refs could have stopped it when Bayless ask khan to walk forward and give him his gloves, he never did walk forward or give Bayless his gloves.... That right there is a stoppage.
                Agreed!!!!!

That is the first time I've ever seen Bayless screw up a 10-count .... So, he gave Khan ever chance to recover.

After the first knock-down Bayless counted "8" twice and actually shouted "8" ... "8" and then stopped the count.

Comment

I agree that Bayless gave Khan more than enough time to recover after the first knockdown.

I guess my thing is Khan was in more trouble after the first knockdown than the 3rd. Khan was doing the Zab Judah after the first knockdown which is why I would've expected Bayless to stop the fight then.

I guess it was a good stoppage considering the damage Khan was taking.

If bayless wanted he could've stopped it at any point when Garcia was landing bombs, but my guess is since Khan was landing them also, he let it go on.

I originally said bad stoppage because Bayless asked Khan to come forward and Khan did, but considering the damage he took up until that point, it was a good stoppage.
                  Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 07-15-2012, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    After the 8 count, the ref asks to put up your gloves so he can take them and clean them with his shirt. Khan took a second too long to do this in the first KD and Bayless let him slide. Then Bayless didn't let him get away with it in the 3rd KD, where Khan again took a second too long to respond to Bayless's request of giving him his hands. Khan look way too hesitant of continuing. There was no mystery man, and no PED's involved here, Khan just got stopped by the better man. Deal with it.
                    If you notice,Khan blanks out for a sec right before it was stopped..It's what made Bayless really call a halt to the fight..Bayless is the best tbh,he did a great job with this fight..He also gave Khan every chance to survive..Khan was out and the fight was over after the first KD..

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                      Early stoppage, not to say Garcia wouldn't have finished him.

But Khan did nothing wrong tonight. This TKO could've gone either way. Luck of the draw, Garcia got it.

Those exchanges were fierce and either fighter could've gotten dropped.
                      I disagree BG my man. Yes the exchanges were intense, but one one fighter fell in those exchanges, and it was the fighter who's chin has always had question marks surrounding it. Bayless is one of the top refs in the past 20 years, I dont theink the stoppage was premature, Amir was not going to make it nor be competative for the rest of the fight(however long it lasted).

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                      Not an early stoppage at all. Any other referee would've stopped it after the first knockdown, Khan was all over the ****ing place stumbling all over himself doing the Judah chicken dance.
                      Agreed 100%. The only other ref I can see letting it go that long is Steve Smoger. Khan never got himself together after the 1st KD, and Garcia has never been known to be a tremendous puncher. He was saved from being KO'd by Maidana, Kenny wasnt gonna save him this time. Great thread Bringer mah homie.

I give a ton of credit to Garcia for putting on an outstanding show, and showing how mature he is compared to all the folks saying he's green. And a shout out to Amir for showing the heart that he did. Great fight. I wont be gettin rid of that fight for a couple of weeks.

Comment

Working...
                      X