Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Runners in FNR$ piss the hell out of me.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one wants to touch this subject?

Comment

Boxing..........

Comment

Running or spammers. It's the only two styles the online world gives us.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
          Boxing..........
          Lol homie it isn't boxing at all staying out of range and chosing your shots is boxing. Runners do nothing but run away and will never look for an aopening. I still end up winning rounds, and sometimes the fight, but its some of the whackest **** that can be done. A little sprint bar would have fixed this up.

Comment

Nah I do it at times too. Especially if I'm fighting a guy who throws non-stop punches every round.

Because you can't really get off your punches when a guy is constantly throwing without backing up.

The punch out put in this game is ridiculous. I average probably 100 punches a round.

Most fights I win by KO or lose by KO. The thing is there is no way in hell guys should be able to throw 1200 punches in 7 rounds. It's hella unrealistic.

So I do move around to stop that chicken **** at times.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
              they are irritating, just like in real life but I've never lost to one yet.

What was more annoying is that I lost my 2nd online fight yesterday to what should have been a VERY easy fight. This guy was a haymaker spammer, very stupid and very easy to eat. I was schooling him, winning every round, but maybe about 2-3 times per round, I wouldn't time my bob & weave perfectly and I would get hit by one of these haymakers. Normally, no big deal, however I didn't realize Gamboa has the WORST chin in the game!!! All it takes is ONE solid haymaker to the face and BAM, instant flash knockdown! This happened a total of 3 times in 8 rounds and after the 3rd, I couldn't get up.

Man, that was the worst, losing to such an unskilled fighter like that. Luckily he let me rematch him and KO'd him with Pernell Whitaker in like 4-5 rounds. **** gamboa in this game, his chin is the same as billy dib (they are tied for worst chins in the game).

No fighter in real life runs like that. It's even worse when I am using a counter puncher, downloaded version of JMM and have to chase someone down. I got technical boxing and countering down to a T, but I have to learn smart pressure. A la marving hagler on GOAT style.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                No fighter in real life runs like that. It's even worse when I am using a counter puncher, downloaded version of JMM and have to chase someone down. I got technical boxing and countering down to a T, but I have to learn smart pressure. A la marving hagler on GOAT style.
                what happens if you don't move? Surely they'll eventually come after you.

I did that against someone who was hearns and ran and jabbed the whole fight. By the 4th round I said f uck it, come to me. Didn't budge for like 45 seconds. We were both just standing there, lol. He can first, got a good counter in. And I just kept backing away. Every time he started running I did that and he always came forward.

I guess a truly dedicated runner wouldn't do that though. So I don't know what the best approach is. Maybe beat them at their own game. Try to get a quick body hook it then back off and circle them from a safe distance. Just try to win the punch number game and you should win the round.

Comment

what happens if you don't move? Surely they'll eventually come after you
                  No. Lol, not even. It become a war of patience they will stand in their corner for 2 or 3 rounds, then I will snap come running in with my guard down throw some shots, they will trow a jab maybe a 1-2 then start running again.

Comment

I edited more to my post. What about the 2nd suggestion, beating them at their own game?
                    I do that from time to time, but it's annoyign as ****.

The best fight I ever had was against a dude that came in as Nate Campbell, and I was JMM. It was the purest **** I have ever seen in a boxing game, tactical most of the time, then we would trade from time to time. Lot's of back and fourth action, Dude was better offensivly and was scoring, but I was countering him like mad. I was losing the fight in the begining, but you could tell that my precision was messing him up and I took over the fight by the 8th round and he looked like a confused fighter. I ended up getting the 10th round KO that looked a lot like the JMM vs Diaz KO.That guy could really fight, no spamming involved. Scorecards looked good to if I didn't KO him I would have won a 1 point decision.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                      I do that from time to time, but it's annoyign as ****.

The best fight I ever had was against a dude that came in as Nate Campbell, and I was JMM. It was the purest **** I have ever seen in a boxing game, tactical most of the time, then we would trade from time to time. Lot's of back and fourth action, Dude was better offensivly and was scoring, but I was countering him like mad. I was losing the fight in the begining, but you could tell that my precision was messing him up and I took over the fight by the 8th round and he looked like a confused fighter. I ended up getting the 10th round KO that looked a lot like the JMM vs Diaz KO.That guy could really fight, no spamming involved. Scorecards looked good to if I didn't KO him I would have won a 1 point decision.
                      fights like that are the most satisfying.

Kinda off topic but I was browsing the leaders on the PS3, these guys have awesome records like 115-2, **** like that. So you're like, wow these guys must be awesome. But on further inspection, every single one of the guys ranked in the top 25 or so with exception to 1 or 2 guys, their opponents average skill level is 1. So that means these jerk offs just fight the poorest of the bunch or rookies. They should seriously adjust the online ranking system where in order to be ranked top 50 lets say, your opponents skill level needs to be X or higher.

So far I'm not too bad, 25-2 online and only came across one person that truly beat me because of skill. But I'll fight anyone, I'm not like those *******s and only fight noobs or bums.

Comment

Working...
                      X