No announcement yet.

In Discussion: Edison Miranda vs. Allan Green

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by freedom213 View Post
    how many people actually watched the Miranda Abraham fight?
    I've only seen clips and the "aftermath" which was Abraham's jaw! Did we miss anything?

Comment

Both guys looked super sloppy in that fight, so take your kneepads off, wipe your mouth and lets see what happens when he steps up in competition again. I think he'll have problems with a boxer with skills and speed but the division is setup pretty good at the moment for someone like Miranda. Too bad Winky wasnt interested in fighting him. We'd get to see just how big a punch the Winkster could really handle and what Miranda was made of.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
        I've only seen clips and the "aftermath" which was Abraham's jaw! Did we miss anything?
        Trust me both guys looked less than impressive

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
          Yea... the most bizaree **** you could ever imagine.
          I highly recommend any boxing fan watches this fight very closely. The crap that happens is unlike anything you have ever witnessed before in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by SiN View Post
            I'm hearing HBO is trying to match these two up for a fight on BAD in the spring. Green would come down to middleweight for this one. This would be a great fight between two guys with power and I would definetely love to see it happen...
            There is no discussion on my end Miranda only gets stronger.......Green would be KOed quick.

Comment

just watched most of the rounds on youtube on the miranda/abraham fight and most look like miranda was receiving just as much as he was dishing.....i think too many in here think his chin is not that good but he took some hellish shots from abraham and just walked thru them....abraham took a beating bottom line and some of those point deductions were utterly BS.....miranda was robbed......

anyways miranda would knock green out in 2 if that fight get's made.....i sure hope green decides to slug it out so it can be an early night for miranda and on to the BIGGER fights...

Comment

Originally posted by Pantera2000 View Post
                Yea... the most bizaree **** you could ever imagine.
                I highly recommend any boxing fan watches this fight very closely. The crap that happens is unlike anything you have ever witnessed before in boxing.
                Yeah, I noticed some pretty weird **** going on in the fight like, when the ref broke the fighters up from a clinch, signaled them to fight, and as Miranda pursued Abraham who had his back semi-turned, the ref stepped between the fighters to prevent Miranda from punching Abraham!

Talk about ****ing bad reffing! The ref must've wanted Abraham to win?

Comment

this fight wont happen, allan green is a natural light heavyweight, and he says he has no problem making 168 but doesnt like to put much effort on making weight, i doubt he would want to go down to 160...

Comment

miranda will knockout green. green isnt ready for that kind of fight. if he got knocked down by a journeymen who was a sparring partner who isnt known for having heavy hands, he is going to get mauled by miranda, period! mianda knows what to do when he's got a guy hurt. plus miranda can take a punch, he took what abraham had to give and didn't go down and ddin't stop coming forward.

miranda mauls green, if i was greens people i wouldn't put him in there with miranda just yet. maybe not ever really...............miranda reminds me a little of a really unpolished and unexperienced Julian Jackson with a better chin/ so far.
                    Last edited by deuce_drop; 12-20-2006, 09:58 PM.

Comment

i think green fighting tsypko is a much better idea, and much safer for green. i don't think he'll take the fight anyway, lots of risk but no reward. i think green should try to get a title shot against kessler in a year or so, depending on how he does in his next fight

Comment

Working...
                      X