• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does anybody what know b-hops amateur career

was like?

how many fights did he have

nationals?

If i'm not mistaken, his amateur career was in prison. Officially, he never had any "amateur" fights. Natas should know more about this.

Comment

Originally posted by GAME2010 View Post
      was like?

how many fights did he have

nationals?
      Straight out of the pen man, he had no amateur career that I know of.

Comment

He learnt all his skills protecting himself from getting ass raped in prison.

Comment

He fought in prison against other inmates in the Graterford Prison Program! I think there was 5 prison that the prison boxed against and he boxed as a middleweight. I had a friend of my familys run the Somers Prison Conn. program and for years I brought my fighters and other fighters to Somers to fight against the inmates there. There was a time when prisons had programs and they were successful in helping alot of men. If their conduct was outstanding they could get work releases to go outside the prison to fight. We had a few that we handled and I remember CBS (I think) going into Rahlway N.J to actually broadcast a live boxing show on network TV!!!
          Ray.

Comment

He actually had amateur fights prior to prison. He couldn't stay out if trouble though. Ive seen his amateur record reportedly being something like 85-5, which I'm sure includes his prison fights. But he was certainly boxing at the age of 13-15 but he couldn't stay focused and kept getting arrested.
            Last edited by ИATAS; 01-03-2013, 10:32 AM.

Comment

How long was he in prison for? And out of interest do we know how many fights he had while he was locked up?

Also, I'm curious, what did he go to jail for?

Comment

I cannot remember who but someone posted a clip of him fighting in prison a while ago. He looked good.
                Last edited by comanick; 01-03-2013, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Here was the thread:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=535658

Comment

Originally posted by Sage84 View Post
                    How long was he in prison for? And out of interest do we know how many fights he had while he was locked up?

Also, I'm curious, what did he go to jail for?
                    Armed robbery when he was 16, charged as an adult and sentenced 18 years. Went to prison at 17 and if im not mistaken got out at age 22.

He also was ststabbed a few times at age 14 or 15 and saw his younger brother murdered.

"My mother was more of
                    a drinker. I have never seen her use drugs, but
                    my father he shot heroin dope, I found needles
                    I found bottle caps that was burnt underneath
                    later I found what it was." Hopkins was, as he
                    described, "the baddest bad guy in the
                    neighborhood."
                    Last edited by ИATAS; 01-03-2013, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X