No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Groves Eyes Stieglitz: Back on 5/25, Then in September

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Groves Eyes Stieglitz: Back on 5/25, Then in September

George Groves racked up his 18th career win with a second-round knockout of outclassed Baker Barakat in Germany.

London's unbeaten super-middleweight took the contest at short notice and kept his hand in with a routine dismantling of an opponent not at the same level.

The bell spared Barakat a first-round stoppage, but the referee stepped in after an early knockdown in the next to give Groves a second success in just three weeks as part of Eddie Hearn's Matchroom stable.

And the target now for the Commonwealth champion is a crack at WBO champion champion Robert Stieglitz who recaptured his title with a win on top of the Magdeburg bill.
    [Click Here To Read More]

A title shot for George Groves any time soon might be considered premature given the level of performance Stieglitz produced last night but the Londoner is a different kind of fighter to Abraham and although he'll get better with experience his style and sharp punching would even now, I think, give him a big chance of beating Robert Stieglitz.

Comment

Originally posted by Thickear View Post
      A title shot for George Groves any time soon might be considered premature given the level of performance Stieglitz produced last night but the Londoner is a different kind of fighter to Abraham and although he'll get better with experience his style and sharp punching would even now, I think, give him a big chance of beating Robert Stieglitz.
      I'd like to see it. AA's fire just doesn't seem to be there anymore. Even in his pre-fight interviews he seemed to be saying he was wanting to be with his family more, etc...

Comment

Working...
      X