Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Andre Ward be in danger of being frozen out?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    No. Martinez couldn't get the fight against Junior, who was handed the belt by Sillyman.
    he got it eventually and everybody except for jr were calling him out

ward has the advantage of already holding a win over whomever emerges on top (which is likely kessler or froch)

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
      With HBO behind him he will be fine
      What he said.

Comment

Naw he'll have options.

Hopkins-Cloud winner
        Cleverly
        Bute
        Abraham

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
          because Golovkin is slow?

Ward beats Golovkin on the inside, but not imo on the outside where even Arthur Abraham had his moments against Ward.

I would also favour Martinez against Golovkin but not by much at all, if anything only because he is the name with big fight experience.
          Compared to Ward and Martinez yes,he is

Comment

I'm not interested in these recycled opponents. I think Ward should take his dominance north to 174. It seems like every fighter once they've made that transition to elite fighter & become known pfp they cherrypick. Forget all dat.

Comment

he could be frozen out, but it's not "dangerous"
              he's already beaten everyone worth mentioning at the weight
              if they won't rematch him, so what?
              he doesn't need them to fight him again
              he should just go up in weight already

Comment

Originally posted by AM Boxing5 View Post
                Gennady Golovkin should move up to 168.

Golovkin v. Ward.

Golovkin by KO
                I agree Glovokin by ko. Ward will become the new Jeff Lacy cause that shoulder won't be 100 %

Comment

I guess Dirrell is the last guy at 168 left. Or I guess Adonis Stevenson/Edwin Rodriguez. Although the latter two certainly aren't that appealing.

Ward just needs to keep doing what he's doing. He already beat Kessler/Froch so it's no big deal. Just fight who he can and keep adding to his legacy. Only other option is to move to 175.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                    I agree Glovokin by ko. Ward will become the new Jeff Lacy cause that shoulder won't be 100 %
                    C'mon on man, Ward would school Golovkin. GGG is too small for 168. He's listed at 5'10 but I wouldn't be shocked if he was 5'9.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                      With Froch and Kessler fighting in April, and Bute on the undercard for the WBC, the winner of Froch/Kessler will fight butein Montreal most likely in August or September for massive cash, IBF, WBA and WBC title fight

he can't fight the loser, and Pavlik retired, so where is the money fight for Ward this year?

And if Froch wins a close one, well then they might have Froch/Kessler 3 early next year for even more massive cash

The problem Ward now has, is nobody is going to be in any rush to fight him, and he doesn't have the drawing power to demand anything.

What you think?

can you see this happening?
                      Retirement time ahead...............choo-choo, all aboard!!

Comment

Working...
                      X