No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ricky Hatton Made The Right Call To Walk Away

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ricky Hatton Made The Right Call To Walk Away

It had just gone midnight in a subterranean press conference room at the MEN Arena in Manchester on Sunday morning when Ricky Hatton forced himself to accept that he had finally been beaten by the ticking of the clock.

By rights it was a clock that should have juddered to a halt for the last time three and a half years ago after a painful defeat to Manny Pacquiao in Las Vegas which sent the ever-popular 'Hit Man' into a cycle of self-abuse and personal despair.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Ricky obviously made the wrong call by attempting a comeback.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
      Ricky obviously made the wrong call by attempting a comeback.
      Why? He lost a load of weight, got some self respect back & earned a load of money into the bargain.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
        Why? He lost a load of weight, got some self respect back & earned a load of money into the bargain.
        LOL-that's a valid point-hehe

Comment

[QUOTE=taansend;12742500]Why? He lost a load of weight, got some self respect back & earned a load of money into the bargain.[/QUOTE
          Your right. I forgot getting knocked out in your comeback fight was a good thing. How stupid of me.

Comment

[QUOTE=bigcursedawg;12742564]
            Originally posted by taansend View Post
            Why? He lost a load of weight, got some self respect back & earned a load of money into the bargain.[/QUOTE
            Your right. I forgot getting knocked out in your comeback fight was a good thing. How stupid of me.
            My God you’re a little d**k head.

This comeback was arguably the best thing Ricky has ever done. He lost the fight but beat his demons. I say he was a winner on Sat night. He can now move forward with peace of mind.

But then you’re just an attention seeker so it’s no surprise you come out with such an uneducated comment.

Come back once you’ve grown up you little boy.

Comment

It perhaps is the right decision but to me he made a wrong decision in thinking he could come straight back to fight a World level fighter albeit an older one and not a Top level one.

Had he had a few easier comeback fights, he could have got rid of the ring rust, sharpened the tools and conditioned himself better, along with that he would have built up some confidence and imo would have beat Shenkenko quite handily.

Its done now and I hope Ricky is ok with it cos its not the sort of fight I 'd like to comeback to and then retire from.

Comment

The whole 'comeback' story was a bit misleading to be honest. There was never going to be a comeback. This was a one off money spinner. Sure, personal redemption played a large part in for Hatton too, and it remains to be seen if he found it or not.

Comment

Lets hope he stays clean and takes care of himself this time.

Comment

If you talk strictly business, he's robbed himself of at minimum one bonus payday. The joint was sold out well before Senchenko was announced, which surely suggests that he was paid peanuts in comparison as he contributed nothing to the ticket sales.

Senchenko as a name wouldn't swell PPV numbers; replace him with a shot Witter and one could argue it makes more dough, at less risk I may add.

More chance of winning, get back in the swing of things then take on Senchenko.

Pride cost him a second and perhaps third payday.

Money aside, he looked horrible on Saturday.

Cheers Ricky, enjoy retirement.

Comment

Working...
                    X