No announcement yet.

Louis CK's new comedy special available for $5 on his site, no catch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Louis CK's new comedy special available for $5 on his site, no catch

Go on the site, pay $5 (paypal) and it is available for stream and download at your leisure. Your name isnt defaulted to a mailing list, or sold for spam or anything.

The only reason I'am sharing this is because not only is he a funny ass dude, but he is a very fan friendly guy and revolutionary comedian who I think should be supported. Also the material is all never before seen stuff.

So heres the website: https://buy.louisck.net/

Buy it, or dont... either way fuck you

Another thing, here is a thread he started on reddit to take questions from fans about his career, work, and personal life.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...is_is_a_thing/
    Last edited by Danny Gunz; 12-15-2011, 02:20 AM.

he paid for the whole production for this video. He kept the costs at a minimum so that he could sell it for cheap.

And its well worth it. One of the best standups I've ever watched. Worth $40 imo. Won't regret paying $5 even though you can dl it for free on the internet.

Comment

He's making beaucoup money already and probably edited and filmed it himself (like his show which he does the entire production for). Still a cool move.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiranui View Post
        He's making beaucoup money already and probably edited and filmed it himself (like his show which he does the entire production for). Still a cool move.
        Yeah he and edited, filmed, and funded the whole project himself. He said ti cost around $200,000 to fund, and I'm not sure how much he made back yet.

He also said if this works out well he will likely do it again, and with the money made from the second special he will use it to make a movie that he will produce, direct, write, and edit himself as he does for the tv show.

Comment

bump.........

Comment

He knows damn well the torrent hounds will have their paws all over this. What's he mean if it turns out well?

Comment

Originally posted by Shiranui View Post
              he's not as rich as you think. LouisCK has said himself that he isn't yet secure(moneywise) in his life. Sure he makes money off of his shows, but he also pays for all the production for those shows too. He isn't making enough money off those shows to be rich.

Comment

Originally posted by D.I.E.S.E.L View Post
                He knows damn well the torrent hounds will have their paws all over this. What's he mean if it turns out well?
                Louis C.K.'s msg to the torrent downloaders
                "To those who might wish to 'torrent' this video: look, I don't really get the while 'torrent' thing. I don't know enough about it to judge either way. But I'd just like you to consider this: I made this video extremely easy to use against well-informed advice. I was told that it would be easier to torrent the way I made it, but I chose to do it this way anyway, because I want it to be easy for people to watch and enjoy this video in any way they want without 'corporate' restrictions.
                Please bear in mind that I am not a company or a corporation. I'm just some guy. I paid for the production and posting of this video with my own money. I would like to be able to post more material to the fans in this way, which makes it cheaper for the buyer and more pleasant for me. So, please help me keep this being a good idea. I can't stop you from torrenting; all I can do is politely ask you to pay your five little dollars, enjoy the video, and let other people find it in the same way."
                Sincerely,
                Louis C.K.

Comment

Already saw that message. Doesn't matter, dogs will be dogs. Besides, he is rich cause he's the top guy in the comedy game now and has been for the past 3 yrs it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by D.I.E.S.E.L View Post
                    Already saw that message. Doesn't matter, dogs will be dogs. Besides, he is rich cause he's the top guy in the comedy game now and has been for the past 3 yrs it seems.
                    True. True....

Comment

Working...
                    X