Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Mr. Untouchable] but I love to hit people QUOTE]

your girl dont count

Comment

personally I think it's stoopid to turn southpaw. Ya, yer jabs get a lot betta, but you don't got a powerful follow up to drop anybody.

Comment

I am a left handed southpaw, and although you have many advantages in the ring, getting the training you need can be hard. Coaches often are inexperianced with training southpaws. Doing mitts comes to mind as well a counterpunching. Many guys don't want to spar with you because they want to be prepared for a right hander. I feel like I had to be a southpaw, but if I was unsure in the beginning I would go conventional. But if you really feel comfortable in both. Be a guy that can switch it up.

Comment

I don't quite understand the logic of "if you southpaw you can't follow up" It's equal both ways, explain to me how it's different? Unless you just mean a righthander going southpaw. That's a different story and I can agree with you. But knockin people out ain't everything, movement counts for a lot. You have to be in position before you can land a knockout punch. If your right-handed, go right. Unless you feel real comfortable the other way. And the opposite is true for a lefty.

Comment

[QUOTE=boxer2k5]
            Originally posted by Mr. Untouchable
            but I love to hit people QUOTE]

your girl dont count

Heh..
            I think you got him confused with TriggerHappy.
            That's the board's woman beater.

Comment

I think that if you feel better to fight orthodox against the guys of your own size,then you are an arthodox. In the ring youŽll face only guys who are approximately your size, not so much taller or smaller. The big guys you mentioned youŽll face never ( in the ring I mean ).

I think that it isnŽt wise to fight as a southpaw if you are an orthodox, because in my opinion youŽll give the advantage to your opponent. You are much more vulnerable if you do so. Maybe you can cheet your opponent but at the same time you risk your own healthy.

Anyway it is wise to train occasionally as a southpaw even if you are an orthodox. By doing so you improve your muscles more equally than training only as an orthodox. The Couple of rounds in every training is good to owe for the wrong handed tarining.

Comment

Working...
              X