No announcement yet.

Martinez can avoid all the top Middleweights and it's ok

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big_L View Post
    what i don't understand about you mayweather fans is why do you guys not care about floyd striving for greatness? yall act so threaten by sergio martinez. yall scoff at the idea of floyd fighting him. why? why are yall content with robert gurerrero? sergio is no bigger than de la hoya and floyd beat him. no fight would do more for mayweather's legacy than sergio martinez.
    no one has a problem with floyd fighting sergio the problem some people have is the fact that people make it seem as if floyd has to fight sergio you talk about floyd fighting guerrero but guerrero is a ww and so is floyd sergio martinez is a mw.sergio is no bigger than oscar when?oscar didn't even look good in his 2 fights at mw so no oscar and sergio are not the same

Comment

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
      no one has a problem with floyd fighting sergio the problem some people have is the fact that people make it seem as if floyd has to fight sergio you talk about floyd fighting guerrero but guerrero is a ww and so is floyd sergio martinez is a mw.sergio is no bigger than oscar when?oscar didn't even look good in his 2 fights at mw so no oscar and sergio are not the same
      Ive met both and yes they are the same.
      this is just another excuse for you to give floyd yet another pass
      I want to see two of the top 3 P4P fighters get it on
      and it can happen twice!
      first Floyd vs Martinez at 154 (a weight they can both make and it would be a super competitive fight)
      then later I want to see Martinez vs Ward at 168 to end his career win or lose

Comment

middleweight is a crap division. who cares about it anymore? just like 154, we have a situation where all the top guys are dancing around fighting each other, simply because no1 is good enough or feels good enough to dominate the whole division. both those divisions are crap imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
          Ive met both and yes they are the same.
          this is just another excuse for you to give floyd yet another pass
          I want to see two of the top 3 P4P fighters get it on
          and it can happen twice!
          first Floyd vs Martinez at 154 (a weight they can both make and it would be a super competitive fight)
          then later I want to see Martinez vs Ward at 168 to end his career win or lose
          i dunno why the hell ppl think martinez can make 154. he cant, not healthy anyways. normally, ppl would pan this type of fight, but i guess because its floyfd and they think martinez can beat him, it becomes ok. but i guarantee u that if martinez ever fights at 154 again, he will be drained. thats pretty much a certainty. u dont stay away from a weight class for numerous years and the go back and make the weight comfortably, the whole idea is absurd just as absurd as the ppl who believed oscar could make 147 against pac. smh

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            It is absolutely no better than the Barker fight.

Only difference is, is Murray is in the Top 10. For what reason, I have no idea.
            I agree, it a fight over a fighter who hasnt fought anybody and is basically #3 in his own country, lets not even go into where he should realistically be ranked in world rankings

Comment

Floyd likes pass himself off as the best fighter in the world who does things no one else does, then when the big announcement comes of who he is gonna fight..........drum roll please..........none other than the one and only........ Guerro......big deal, what an anti climax.

Floyd fights less than his peers, so hes really got to do better than that, more is expected of floyd im afraid, Floyd and his fans might not like that, but thats the trade off for being a lazy so and so.

Fight Sergio at 160, but come in at about 156 against Sergio. The time has come to stop treating Floyd as some kind of charity case, no more talk of Sergio coming down to 154 please.
              Last edited by hugh grant; 01-23-2013, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X