Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's Talk About Saul Alvarez Chin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He took Mosley's shots pretty well....I'd imagine his chin is pretty dependable.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      Didn't Cotto's brother rock him or something??? I guess we won't know until he fights someone who can punch and is a live fighter.

Hopefully he fights someone like Kirkland at least in December. That'd be a solid Top 10 SWW, something he can't seem to find time to fight.
      cintron???mosley??

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        andy lee is a very big puncher

so is marco antonio rubio

JR has a very good chin. a good deal of his ability to absorb the punishment also comes from his size. on the night of the fight JR is 180 +lbs.

Damn the MW division has REALLY fallen off if Lee and Rubio are considered hard punchers. I haven't really watched the MW division since BHop, Miranda, Abraham, Green, Taylor, Pavlik etc. all moved up.

Comment

Well it depends, he has received some decent punches from Mosley and also was rocked by Cotto's brother, however he hasn't faced a solid fast fighter so we don't know if he can take punches he can't see (those are the ones that make more damage) ... For me his his chin is still a question mark, we'll see if it's good or not when he fights a good boxer (so far his best win is Rhodes, Mosley was shot as hell and Cintron was also in pretty terrible shape)

Comment

Right now, it is obvious he has an everage to below average chin because any 154 pound fighter who gets badly hurt and takes quite some time to recover when the guy he was fighting in Cotto's brother was a natural lightweight, then that indicates he has a sweet spot that someone will find again at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2012 View Post
              cintron???mosley??
              Mosley could not deliver the power and Cintron has had a power outage for the last few years.

Comment

Against Cotto, i say he was cutting it too close trying to make 150lbs, but we still need to wait and see, looks good though.

Comment

It is a nicely defined chin and compliments his boyish good looks nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by deadlikeme View Post
                    it is a nicely defined chin and compliments his boyish good looks nicely.
                    lmao ... ...

Comment

Cotto's brother rocked him. So what. Cotto's brother is a good puncher and he caught Canelo perfect and followed up with more good punches. Canelo recovered quickly and knocked the guy out. Almost anyone can be hurt if a good punch lands just right. He fought 40 other guys and I am sure some of them could punch and yet he has never been off his feet. I think he has a good chin.I remember Mayweather being hurt just as bad by Corley who is just a better than average puncher but not a bomber.

Comment

Working...
                      X