Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Jones: Is this possible

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Ill say this... he weighed in at 193... Fights at 175... thats 18 lbs.

It also doesnt mean he put on 18lbs of muscle... he put on 18lbs, but it doesnt mean it was all muscle. I basically disagree with Roy.. he definitely put on muscle, but I doubt he actually put on 25lbs of muscle in 6 weeks... He walks around at about 185-190lbs... so he also didnt need to scale down to 175 to make weight either.

If we base it on the fact that he actually did gain 25 lbs of nothing BUT MUSCLE.. then it doesnt make sense...

I just dont think he actually put on 25lbs of JUST MUSCLE.

Comment

As Pacquiao's trainer, Ariza, he knows its possible...

Comment

Originally posted by Kryptonian View Post
        Did Roy cheat, well depends on what you consider to be cheating. Is cheating having a PED/Andro/Crank in your system when your actually in the ring against an opponent or is it cheating taking a PED/Andro/Crank sometime in the 6-7 months prior to gain the weight so you can be a heavy weight.

Did Roy put on 25lbs in 6 weeks, no way in hell, that’s just Roy being Roy and sensationalizing it like he is Superman. Even with roids that would be hard, and if he did, there is no way he would have been able to put on the performance he did, having the speed and stamina to last 12 rounds. If you look at his pics from when he was that big he looks to be carrying a lot of water weight, I would say maybe 12lbs of muscle and 12 pounds of other (fat/water etc). Did he take crank maybe, but he would definitely have needed some assistance, maybe even an Andro which can be bought over the counter but is not considered a steroid. Rip fuel is not an anabolic steroid, rip fuel is more like ephedrine it’s a weight loss supplement, dries your body out so you look more ripped, or in a fighters case make weight. So something else made him test way over for testerone and you can draw your own conclusions as to what that was but it wasn’t ripped fuel.

As much as we would like to believe otherwise, most top boxers do use some form or other of drugs that are banned by the Boxing Commission’s but may not be illegal. How else do you recover from injury’s so quickly, or recover from fights or even keep there weight down in between fights. If most Joe blow’s in any gym use all sorts of supplements that could be banned by the commission why wouldn’t top athletes. But I also believe that most guys are clean during their actual fights. Most heavy weights at some point or another use PED’s that’s why a lot of them are heavy weights, Even big tubalards like Arreola. At least it’s not like MMA where everyone is using steroids most of the time and its an accepted part of the culture in that sport.
        He tested positive for Andro... which was banned by boxing, but wasnt even declared a steroid until 4 years later in 2004. Andro was IN ripped fuel which was sold IN GNC stores in Malls around the entire country. It also happeneed once, in 2000... 4 years before it was ever even put on the list. You are right it isnt to be used to gain muscle.

Comment

Well, in the documentary he said he came into training at 192, which was obviously not ALL muscle but probably pretty close to it. Considering he usually cuts down to 175, he probably just didn't cut weight, lost fat and tried building more muscle in the process than usual.

I mean, I could be wrong, who knows, but I remember him saying he came into training at 192 already.

Comment

When Jones was fighting at 175 he was coming into the ring at 185. He walks around at about 190 pounds ( still rock solid ). Considering this, He really only put on about 10 pounds of muscle during training camp before the ruiz fight. Use your heads guys before you start crying PED's.

For those saying jones put on something besides muscle... Look at him at heavyweight. Dude is nothing but muscle. When Jones weighed 193, he went straight back to the lobby, and weighed himself and weighed 201 pounds. The 193 was a joke. Check out the documentary for proof.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
              He tested positive for Andro... which was banned by boxing, but wasnt even declared a steroid until 4 years later in 2004. Andro was IN ripped fuel which was sold IN GNC stores in Malls around the entire country. It also happeneed once, in 2000... 4 years before it was ever even put on the list. You are right it isnt to be used to gain muscle.
              At the time jones was taking it, it wasn't banned. But once they found out about it, they banned it. Jones stopped taking it then. I used ripped fuel for 6 months, never noticed any kind of superman like powers that people claim the stuff gives you.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakas View Post
                With the amount of training they do I wouldnt be surprised if it is possible. Roy is clean
                Thank you for pointing that out, this guys been training his whole life losing and gaining weight, it prolly wasnt hard for him, and he didnt use PED's, im almost positive, RJJ is clean

Comment

Answer: How much muscle mass can I gain?

Most gym rats expect to build LOTS of muscle really fast. This is a myth. You can NOT build muscle really FAST. The majority of readers, customers and clients I work with have completely unrealistic expectations when it comes to building muscle.

I can't put an exact number on how much you can gain but most people believe that they can build 20 pounds of muscle in three months...

...it's amazing how many frusturated customers I get emailing me after their first month of training complaining that they only gained 5 or 10 pounds. I'm thinking to myself, "That's fantastic, what are you complaining about?!"
                  There is no doubt you can gain 20 pounds of WEIGHT in 3 months or even one month, but we are not talking about *weight* - we are talking about *DRY MUSCLE*
                  Pure muscle tissue. Not water weight. Not glycogen weight. Pure muscle weight!

There is not a chance in heaven that you will gain 5 or even 10 pounds of dry muscle in one month or even 3 months - not even close. I hate to be the messenger of this bad news but unless you are using growth enhancing drugs..

... it's IMPOSSIBLE.

Many of you might be upset or discouraged about the TRUTH of how much you can actually build but this knowledge will help you to eat and train with a more realistic perspective. So how much muscle can your body actually manufacture?

Under the BEST possible circumstances (training, diet, supplementation, recovery) the average male body can create between *0.25 and 0.50* pounds of dry muscle tissue per week. That's the natural amount that your body chemistry will allow.

So your looking at 1-2 pounds of dry muscle each month. Not much? Well consider what your body will look like in 12 months from now with an extra 12-24 pounds of muscle?!?!

Starting to see the importance of consistency???!!!

You see, I did not gain 41 pounds of DRY MUSCLE in six months. The 41 pounds also factored in the increased muscle which was accompanied by increased glycogen and water storage in the muscles. More muscle equals more glycogen. Most people can maintain up to 40 grams of glycogen per 100g of muscle tissue.

So if you're gaining ten pounds of new muscle you'll consequently increase glycogen storage by around four pounds. So if you gain ten pounds of muscle, your scale gain will actually be closer to fourteen pounds (if you didn't gain any fat).

And rarely often will someone not gain any fat if you are gaining more than 3 pounds per month. So, when you set your goals, clarify in your mind if "20 pounds of muscle" is your *weight gain* goal or your *dry muscle* goal. And then put realistic time frames on these goals based on the info I just shared.

If you simply focus on keeping your body fat between 10-13% fat while gaining around 5 pounds per month then it is safe to say you are gaining 1-2 pounds of dry muscle a month with 1-2 pounds of glycogen and water hopefully no more then a pound of fat"

Comment

roy walks around at 190~ he even said it in the documentary for his fight with Ruiz. He doesn't walk around weighing 175 all the time. I remember him weighing 201 or so for the fight. Maybe he's talking about bulking up 25 pounds from his usual weight division.

Comment

Roy also said 3 months ago hes still the fastest cat in the game.

But he said it, so it MUST be true.

Comment

Working...
                      X