No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia is Not Worried About Salido's PED Past

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia is Not Worried About Salido's PED Past

NEW YORK — Orlando Salido reluctantly posed alongside Mikey Garcia for a picture after the final press conference Thursday to promote their fight Saturday night in The Theater at Madison Square Garden.

Garcia never thought twice about boxing Salido, despite that Salido has tested positive for a steroid during his career and there wasn’t any random, pre-fight testing for performance-enhancing drugs prior to their 12-round fight for Salido’s WBO featherweight title (9:45 p.m. EDT; HBO).

“I’m not afraid of Salido,” Garcia said. “I feel that he did everything the right way. He learned from that a few years back, when he had tested positive for some illegal substance. He did his work and I did my work, and you’ll see it on Saturday night. I never worried about it. He won’t do anything to get caught up in a big scandal. He got caught up in something [in November 2006] and that’s it.”
    [Click Here To Read More]

man's got a warrior heart ...this tells how much of a b11tch floyd really is...

Comment

Garcia gonna bring it I have a feeling, gonna stop Salido to make a statement,.

Comment

Didn't his second test come back negative?

Originally posted by puga View Post
        man's got a warrior heart ...this tells how much of a b11tch floyd really is...
        Are you serious right now? You dudes are obsessed.

Comment

Spoken like a G! Can't wait for this fight.

Comment

Nandralone is something that the body can make in high amounts and cause a triggering on tests. There was a whole article on that. And Salido immediately went to a trusted approved national lab and the test came back negative. I don't think he took anything and his actions showed that.
            Last edited by richardt; 01-19-2013, 06:28 PM.

Comment

lol 'PED past', those PED's had nothing to do with him giving Robert Guerrero a boxing lesson. PED's can do a lot of things, one thing they can't do is change your boxing ability.

Salido will win this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
                lol ... PED's can do a lot of things, one thing they can't do is change your boxing ability.
                Woefully ignorant... Do you think being able to train harder and heal faster than your body will naturally allow might help a person improve their boxing ability? That's exactly what they are used for in boxing. Training harder DIRECTLY relates to one's boxing ability.

SMH at these guys who go on a PED witch hunt until their guy gets caught, then there's always some far-fetched excuse.

Comment

I wanna know what`s garcia gonna do? When he throws his best ko shots at salido and salido answer`s him back with the same power shots.
                  The kid better have plan a,b,c cause salido took lopez best shots and didn`t hesitate on answering back.

I still think garcia doesn`t hit harder then lopez.

The kid better be ready his going into deep water.
                  It`s sink or swim.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    Woefully ignorant... Do you think being able to train harder and heal faster than your body will naturally allow might help a person improve their boxing ability? That's exactly what they are used for in boxing. Training harder DIRECTLY relates to one's boxing ability.

SMH at these guys who go on a PED witch hunt until their guy gets caught, then there's always some far-fetched excuse.
                    PED's did not help him land 108 more punches than Guerrero, and landing 127 more power punches. HE simply gave him a boxing lesson, and if they would fight again he would school him again.

Comment

Working...
                    X