Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Floyd fight Sergio Martinez in September?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Floyd fight Sergio Martinez in September?

Mostly everyone here, including die hard Floyd fans seem to have an issue with Floyd fighting Guerrero. Some people have different reasons why they think Floyd-Guerrero is a shit fight, but the majority simply believe that Guerrero will lose a wide UD in a boring fight. I've seen people compare it's legitimacy to Pacquiao when he fought Clottey. Same ole same ole.

We want Floyd to be given a legit challenge. So what if he fights Sergio Martinez (at 154) in September? THEN I wouldn't mind him fighting someone like Guerrero or Bradley so much on May 4th. Because I know that it'd basically be his sorta "tune up" in preparation for the skilled, hard hitting p4p fighter in Sergio Martinez. I don't know ANYONE who would knock a Sergio Martinez fight, not even the Floyd haters.

The luster hasn't died down just yet, in fact I read an article stating that Martinez said he wants Floyd after Murray. The Murray fight is in April so that leaves him enough time for Floyd in September.

Do you think Floyd will show any interest in fighting Sergio Martinez?

Do you think Floyd should fight Guerrero/Canelo in May, and Martinez in September?
    Yes, it'd be his biggest accomplishment in recent years
    92.93%
    No, I'd rather him fight either Guerrero, Bradley, or Canelo
    7.07%
    Last edited by thuggery; 12-11-2012, 08:42 PM.

ya.. if we want a photoshop of Floyd lying next to Pacquaio.

Comment

I think floyd will go where the money is.

Comment

Floyd will not go within a million miles of Sergio.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathknight88 View Post
          ya.. if we want a photoshop of Floyd lying next to Pacquaio.
          Granted it'd be a stiff challenge for Floyd, but it's definitely not a one sided fight. Martinez is older and he IS coming off of a knee surgery. We'll see how he moves in the Murray fight.

Comment

He should either fight Canelo or Martinez. If not he should retire and be remembered as that coward that ducked lil Manny Pacquiao, because "he decided he was going to walk through Cotto" (who he went life and death with)

Comment

Floyd doesn't want to end up like Pac did this weekend, he will fight Guerrero and then Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                He should either fight Canelo or Martinez. If not he should retire and be remembered as that coward that ducked lil Manny Pacquiao, because "he decided he was going to walk through Cotto" (who he went life and death with)
                Yeah if he retires without fighting Canelo or Martinez I fear what people are going to say about his legacy and what not. A lot of people will call him a coward.
                Originally posted by mathed View Post
                Floyd doesn't want to end up like Pac did this weekend, he will fight Guerrero and then Canelo.
                I'm hoping Floyd will listen to the fans, we all want to see him fight Martinez.

Comment

I'd love to see it happen, but I'd be stunned if he picked Sergio over Canelo. Easier fight and more money for Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                    I'd love to see it happen, but I'd be stunned if he picked Sergio over Canelo. Easier fight and more money for Floyd.
                    True, but Floyd can fight him on May 4th, and Martinez in Sept (though it's highly unlikely). If not it's pretty much guaranteed Canelo would be on Floyd's under card regardless with a sold out arena. Martinez gained a ton of fans after he basically shut out "La Dinero De Vaca".

Comment

Working...
                    X