STFU About Morales being shot in the first and second Pacquiao fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
    Yes your're right.

Morales wan an absolute beast. He was VERY much in his prime. He was a monster.

You ***** and moan so much about Pacquiao facing off against a black slick fighter, That fight was horrible for Eriks style. You don't even know **** Burner .

Morales had a great fight camp and was feeling in good shape. Dude stated he was better than ever, Moving up in weight was the problem that's all. He wasn't the same fighter at 135. At 130 when he faced off Pacquiao he still had gas in the tank, Which was noticeable in his first fight against Pacquiao. But clearly he wasn't in his best days which were at bantam.

Stick to the Floyd talk and stop trying to act like you know everything about each boxer, I've followed Eriks career since I was a little kid and payed attention to the Tijuana media about him all my life and heard about him every day. You want to tell me you're right and I'm wrong?

Nice try.

Oh and btw

Morales > Floyd

Comment

for me morales peak was the pac I. then after that it's all downhill coz in the second fight he had weight problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Argentina_ View Post
        You ***** and moan so much about Pacquiao facing off against a black slick fighter, That fight was horrible for Eriks style. You don't even know **** Burner .

Morales had a great fight camp and was feeling in good shape. Dude stated he was better than ever, Moving up in weight was the problem that's all. He wasn't the same fighter at 135. At 130 when he faced off Pacquiao he still had gas in the tank, Which was noticeable in his first fight against Pacquiao. But clearly he wasn't in his best days which were at bantam.

Stick to the Floyd talk and stop trying to act like you know everything about each boxer, I've followed Eriks career since I was a little kid and payed attention to the Tijuana media about him all my life and heard about him every day. You want to tell me you're right and I'm wrong?

Nice try.

Oh and btw

Morales > Floyd

Bro...I have followed Morales as well, although I have missed news here and there due to the language barriers at the time. I always tell people that no shot fighter puts on the back to back performances that Morales did against Marco and Manny.

Also people punish Morales for failing to do something no Mexican has ever done; which is win a title in a 4th class. Not to sound disrespectful by any means, but Mexicans just don't have the body types to move up and down weight classes like that (history has shown us that). If they did, then legendary fighters like Chavez and others would have done it a long time ago but it has never happened.

So why say he was shot because he couldn't do what no Mexican has ever done? While I haven't done the research, I'm willing to bet they all looked just as bad as he did in there fourth class as well.

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
          Bro...I have followed Morales as well, although I have missed news here and there due to the language barriers at the time. I always tell people that no shot fighter puts on the back to back performances that Morales did against Marco and Manny.

Also people punish Morales for failing to do something no Mexican has ever done; which is win a title in a 4th class. Not to sound disrespectful by any means, but Mexicans just don't have the body types to move up and down weight classes like that (history has shown us that). If they did, then legendary fighters like Chavez and others would have done it a long time ago but it has never happened.

So why say he was shot because he couldn't do what no Mexican has ever done? While I haven't done the research, I'm willing to bet they all looked just as bad as he did in there fourth class as well.
          I mean it's funny because everyone expects fighters these days to be able to go up in weight and still be the same fighter because of Pacquiao and Floyd but everyone is different is the point I want to get across. Not everyone is god gifted with the ability to move up so well in weight and still be the same you were with the same power.

I mean after decades of Mexican boxing no one has done it and maybe there's a physical explanation to it but tbh I wouldn't know much about it.

Some fighters peak differently, Morales had peaked already but it doesn't mean you're "shot".

Comment

I wouldn't call him "shot" but he may have been past prime...he deff was done by the 3rd fight...

Comment

He was weight drained in the rematch coming off to loss to Zahir Raheem at 135.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                Yes your're right.

Morales wan an absolute beast. He was VERY much in his prime. He was a monster.

Morales was more in his prime when he fought Pac the third time then Mosley when he fought Floyd..

Comment

For the record, just because your past your prime doesn't mean your not world class. Instead of "past your prime" the proper worded should be "past your peak" because the former is so derogatory as far as explaining where a fighter is at their careers. Examples of past peak fighters still putting on great performances

Bernard Hopkins vs Antonio Tarver, Kelly Pavlik, Winky Wright (snoosefest but still great considering his age), Joe Calzaghe, Both Jermain Taylor fights.

Lennox Lewis vs David Tua, Hasim Rahman II, and Michael Grant

Vitali Klistchko vs Sam Peter, Chris Arreola and soon to be David Haye

Glen Johnson vs Chad Dawson I, Roy Jones fight, and to an extent Antonio Tarver fight.

Pongsaklek Wonjongkam vs Koki Kameda

I mean I can go on, but you guys get the point. Also I only used recent examples and if I dug into the history of the sport, this list would never end.

Comment

Pac still lost to Morales in the firts fight and arguably way past his prime for the other two fights. Prime and healthy Morales would have won all three fights IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by JOZ View Post
                      Pac still lost to Morales in the firts fight and arguably way past his prime for the other two fights. Prime and healthy Morales would have won all three fights IMO.
                      I'm not saying he wasn't past prime, I'm saying he just peaked with the first Pacquiao fight. He wasn't "shot"

Comment

Working...
                      X