No announcement yet.

How Good Was Hakeem Olajuwon?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Good Was Hakeem Olajuwon?

My mum was talking to me earlier about him and how they went to the same school and were friends blah blah. I know **** all about NBA, so i'm interested in what knowledgeable NBA fans think of him.

He was the dream

Comment

And he was as good as he was while starving himself to death for a month for his religion.

Comment

Dream Shake FTW.

Hakeem was great.

Comment

Originally posted by Addition View Post
          My mum was talking to me earlier about him and how they went to the same school and were friends blah blah. I know **** all about NBA, so i'm interested in what knowledgeable NBA fans think of him.
          Imagine this...

He stands 7 feet tall.

He can dribble like a guard.

He can finish using a fingeroll. A shot usually reserved to guards.

He can dribble penetrate.

He can shoot 3's.

An excellent defender.

He's one of the few (Rodman also) who has owned Shaq ONE-ON-ONE.

Comment

Easily one of the top 5 centers of all time, and I wouldn’t debate someone listing him in the top 3.

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

The Dream was the ****....

Comment

Originally posted by Addition View Post
                  he was voted in NBA 50 greatest players of all time in 1996...that should say enough

Comment

Olajuwon is a legend at the center position. He wasn't the strongest center but he was very quick and agile for his size. He is the all-time leading block leader because of his timing, and he almost always tipped the ball to himself after getting the swat. He is also one of the all-time steals leaders as well. You have to rank him as the best center of his time ahead of Robinson and Ewing because he was the total package with rebounds, blocks and offense.

He had a good mid-range jumper but he had some of the best low post moves I'd ever seen. He had a move called the dream shake where he he fakes to one side, then moves the other way and makes his move to the hoop. He was awesome.

I'm saying this as a Rockets hater (I grew up a Magic fan).

Comment

Working...
                    X