Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Wins: Erik Morales vs. Juan Manuel Marquez at 126 Lbs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
    Morales wins the first one, Marquez wins the second one and the third one is a draw.
    very possible since both men almost had the same qualities that made them future HOF but i think morales had more ring smarts and could switch styles with ease

Comment

Morales.......

Comment

Morales wins a close, clear UD.

Comment

I think JMM would have to be favored, although some weird things happened in fights of his at that weight. He could certainly slip up or have an off day and lose. It seems like Morales' reputation on here has risen exponentially of late for some reason, and he is now considered easily better than Pac, JMM, Barrera, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Miburo View Post
            I think JMM would have to be favored, although some weird things happened in fights of his at that weight. He could certainly slip up or have an off day and lose. It seems like Morales' reputation on here has risen exponentially of late for some reason, and he is now considered easily better than Pac, JMM, Barrera, etc.
            well, in my opinion, morales peaked at this weight class but because of his mexican style of fighting, it was not bound to last. don't get me wrong, i love his style, but going though those kind of wars takes it toll and eventually something's gotta give. in any case, morales takes it marquez and wins it in class

Comment

Morales in a clear decision win

Comment

At 126 Marquez was too cautious and thats why guys like Norwood and John beat him. Id give Morales the edge

Did Marquez win a title at light welter then if hes a 4 weight champ? Who did he beat for that belt or was it a made up title?

Comment

Morales was the better and more proven fighter at that weight. Morales would beat him.

JMM's recent KO win was impressive but that doesnt magically send back extra skills through a time machine and make him a better fighter at 126 ten years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by G22 View Post
                    At 126 Marquez was too cautious and thats why guys like Norwood and John beat him. Id give Morales the edge

Did Marquez win a title at light welter then if hes a 4 weight champ? Who did he beat for that belt or was it a made up title?

He won an "interim" title so people dont really consider it a 4th weight class. He would have gotten pac's belt if pac didnt just loose it to bradley.

Now with morales he won a 4th title at 147 but it was a vacant belt in a fight against a guy who never fought there before so people consider it a joke. On the flipside it cancels out the robbery he had to David Diaz at 135 which should have been his 4th weight class.

Diaz kept the belt then lost to Pac, the 135 belt pac got as one of his 8 weight classes is kind of devalued since he shouldnt have had that belt and juan diaz was considered a better opponent with david diaz being the easiest guy to beat to get a belt at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                      He won an "interim" title so people dont really consider it a 4th weight class. He would have gotten pac's belt if pac didnt just loose it to bradley.

Now with morales he won a 4th title at 147 but it was a vacant belt in a fight against a guy who never fought there before so people consider it a joke. On the flipside it cancels out the robbery he had to David Diaz at 135 which should have been his 4th weight class.

Diaz kept the belt then lost to Pac, the 135 belt pac got as one of his 8 weight classes is kind of devalued since he shouldnt have had that belt and juan diaz was considered a better opponent with david diaz being the easiest guy to beat to get a belt at the time.
                      Thanks for the clarity but wasnt Eriks 4th title when he beat that bum for a vacant belt at 140 when he was coming off a loss to Maidana?

I know Pacs "8 division" title is a load of rubbish because he won a light middleweight title weighing 144 and his opponent wasnt allowed to weigh in at 154 limit either ( an opponent who suffered a career ending KO from a washed up Mosley )
                      Then his welterweight title was at 145 catchweight so that was a proper divisional title win either. Assume Pac beat Hatton for his 140 title but wasnt Bradley the man at 140 and Hatton was just a Floyd leftover. You have to go back to Diaz before Pac last proper divisional win which says it all. Pac was never number one at feathereight either because he gt a draw when he challenged for the titles against Marquez.

Marquez' fourth divisional title remains a mystery. I imagine they just handed him a title for beating Pacman who was coming off a loss?! if he wants to be a 4 weight champ properly then he has to beat the welterweight champ Floyd Mayweather but we saw what happend when he got his shot.

Comment

Working...
                      X