No announcement yet.

GSP isn't fighting Silva

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
    Yes Silva has gotten up to 235 between fights. He has said it several times in interviews. But I don't know if he does that for every fight.

Besides that doesn't mean much. He's still a true MW. He's too small for LHW. Just look at how much better Bonnar looked. Silva just likes to pig out between fights.
    Bonnar was on steroids for that fight and he had never looked that good in any of his fights previously. Silvas condition vs Bonnar compared to how Silva would look vs Jones is completely different. Silva would actually put on some muscle vs Jones. He did look kinda chubby vs Bonnar but he did look better vs Forrest. He has the size to compete at LHW and the skill to pretty much beat most fighters there if not beat them all bar Jones. He knows a fight v Jones will be harder for him than v GSP and thats the only reason why hes not fighting him.

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
    Does he really walk around at 230? Where was that info obtained?
    He was over 230 for his second fight vs Sonnen, that I know for sure. Condit is listed 6"2 and Luke Thomas (MMAFighting.com reporter) said he stood next to both and Anderson is defo taller than Condit. They also listed him as 5"11 for one of his earlier UFC fights. I would say he is somewhere between 6"2-6"3 and GSP is just about 5"10 completely filled out at 170.

Comment

Silva would expose Jones. He's too slick.

Comment

he looks pretty bloated here

Comment

Working...
        X