Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo/Kirkland PPV - Sept. 2012 - How many buys?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably between 150 and 300k, depending on the price and undercard quality.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
      Forget who wins and why, and how the fight plays out. Let's just focus on the ppv #s....

I'd say 700K....
      Bro....no way. That's entirely optimistic. If it did half of that it would be very good, and I think it can.

Three Fitty thousand buys for two guys who....have either ever even headlined a World Championship Boxing? That would be very good. 700 is astronomical.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
        Bro....no way. That's entirely optimistic. If it did half of that it would be very good, and I think it can.

Three Fitty thousand buys for two guys who....have either ever even headlined a World Championship Boxing? That would be very good. 700 is astronomical.

i think you're underestimating the drawing power of canelo! and if kirkland puts on another performance like that - he will be able to attract the CASUAL fan. . .

but i think 2012 might be a little too early to do over 500k buys. . . i think like you said, maybe after a world championship boxing appearance for both (get kirkland a title). . . and 3-4 more fights. . . I think these guys can headline a pretty damn big PPV card. .

As to who will win - I honestly think unless Kirkland improves his defense, Canelo will win. . . Canelo throws some CRISP, CRACKING combinations - straight punches and whizzing hooks right on path. . . kirkland still throws cruder shots. .. but as kirkland showed, he is probably the most fit guy when training with wolfe; stamina, punch resistance (different from "chin"), and toughness = SECOND TO NONE. . . he's also a better athlete than canelo - faster, stronger, and more explosive. . .

Comment

I think if promoted correctly - oscar can draw a comparison to mike tyson (although tyson was a lot more technically sound) to the CASUAL fan. . . Casual fans love NOTHING more than a guy who gets hit a lot, and hits (the opponent) a lot. . .

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
            i think you're underestimating the drawing power of canelo! and if kirkland puts on another performance like that - he will be able to attract the CASUAL fan. . .

but i think 2012 might be a little too early to do over 500k buys. . . i think like you said, maybe after a world championship boxing appearance for both (get kirkland a title). . . and 3-4 more fights. . . I think these guys can headline a pretty damn big PPV card. .

As to who will win - I honestly think unless Kirkland improves his defense, Canelo will win. . . Canelo throws some CRISP, CRACKING combinations - straight punches and whizzing hooks right on path. . . kirkland still throws cruder shots. .. but as kirkland showed, he is probably the most fit guy when training with wolfe; stamina, punch resistance (different from "chin"), and toughness = SECOND TO NONE. . . he's also a better athlete than canelo - faster, stronger, and more explosive. . .
            I'm not underestimating his drawing power, 300k for a guy at Canelo's level is really, really good.

700k is A LOT of buys. Pacquiao/Clottey did like 750...that's a freaking Pacquiao fight. Canelo has his niche and he's very popular within it, but come on.

Ortiz brings more than Kirkland and a Canelo/Ortiz PPV would be lucky to get to 500k. Big PPV numbers are more rare than I think you're realizing, especially nowadays.

Comment

WHy do you want more PPV fighters?

Comment

**** that ****. That's an undercard fight.

Comment

They would bearly get to 200K. More like 150K.

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
                    James Kirkland is to much for Canelo right now and in Sep 2012 its a fight I would buy
                    thats a bit much in my opinion.the guy was KO'ed in one not too long ago and was almost KO'ed in the 1st in this last fight.
                    I think it'd be entertaining but the clean shots Angulo was able to land would definitely land from Canelo. Maybe even cleaner and more often.

Good fight for sure

Comment

Working...
                    X