Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's worse? Compulsive gambling or drunk driving?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's worse? Compulsive gambling or drunk driving?

I had a rare talk with my pops this morning about bad habits/vices. He claims that drunk driving isn't as dangerous as some make it out to be. He says the majority of drunk driving related accidents happen because the drunk person does not know how to drink or how to drive or a combination of both. He says gambling can lead to serious problems not only to yourself but to those around you. If you somehow bet with the wrong people, forget about it, you and those around you are dead.

Thoughts?
    Your pops is wrong, drunk driving is more dangerous
    80.00%
    Your pops is right, compulsive gambling is more dangerous
    13.33%
    I gave up voting in polls for Lent
    6.67%

they are both great fun

Comment

Joking aside drinking anything and driving is a big no, no. NEVER DRINK AND DRIVE.

Comment

Serious problems???? there is no more serious problem than when people die.. especially people who were NOT driving drunk.. who die because someone was.. A gambler can always get help.. a DEAD person can't..

No offence to your dad..

Comment

Believe it or not some people can drive drunk fairly well, depending how drunk they get.

Drunk driving however creates a much greater chance of death/injury then compulsive gambling does. I mean sure, you can get ****ed up by loan sharks if you go that route, but still drunk driving is far more dangerous and its not even close bud.

Comment

Word. I told him so and he kept at it. He's one of those people that claim that have no problems drinking and driving.

Comment

See this is what I am hung up on. I am not a compulsive gambler, but I play poker a lot. Everytime I play poker I get drunk while I play, and not just alittle bit. We usually stop playing when everyone is so wasted they no longer give a **** about cards. And then I get in my car and drive my drunk ass home, of course making a bleary-eyed appearence in 7-11 to buy sweet and hot jerky and a black&mild. So basically gambling and drinking are the same for me, I never do it at home so gambling and drunk driving are the same for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Gift Of Gab View Post
                Word. I told him so and he kept at it. He's one of those people that claim that have no problems drinking and driving.
                No offence to your dad but he is 100% wrong on this.

Driving drunk is gambling with yours/his and other peoples lives.

Comment

DD defo...........
                  Last edited by Hook; 02-26-2009, 09:55 PM.

Comment

I voted Gambling just to give it a vote, but drunk driving can **** you over if you kill someone.

Comment

Working...
                    X