No announcement yet.

Wladimir Klitschko vs Muhammad Ali

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wladimir Klitschko vs Muhammad Ali

Head to head, both in their prime, who wins and why?

Ali by wide decision, possible stoppage if Wlad is tired late.

Comment

64-67 Muhammad Ali will beat every boxer in the history of boxing.

Any weight class.

Comment

Ali, in his very prime, beats every boxer in the history of the sport. Wladimir, although a great champion, is not an exception.

Ali is not a small boxer, so you can't say he would be overwhelmed by Wlad's size.
        Ali has a superior jab.
        Ali has a better chin.
        Ali is a faster boxer.

He would find the way to beat Wlad. Probably by UD. I can't see him KO Wlad as Wlad is too defensively good to run into punch that would take him out but Ali would outbox him.

Comment

Prime Ali, 1964-1967, beats any Heavyweight in history H2H.

Wlad would have no match for Ali's hand speed and footwork, he'd win a wide decision, possibly a TKO stoppage late if Wlad is tired.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
            Ali, in his very prime, beats every boxer in the history of the sport. Wladimir, although a great champion, is not an exception.

Ali is not a small boxer, so you can't say he would be overwhelmed by Wlad's size.
            Ali has a superior jab.
            Ali has a better chin.
            Ali is a faster boxer.

He would find the way to beat Wlad. Probably by UD. I can't see him KO Wlad as Wlad is too defensively good to run into punch that would take him out but Ali would outbox him.
            Wlad wouldn't have to walk into a shot to get stopped by Ali, Ali had enough power that a solid combination could leave Wlad wobbly and ready to go late in the fight.

Comment

Another thing people forget about Ali is that he had solid power.

I can't see Wlad doing anything against Ali's hand speed, footwork and foot speed, solid and quick jab, and the fast combinations he throws. It's not like Wlad is going to KO Ali, he took punches from the likes of Liston, Frazier, Foreman, Shavers, etc.

Ali by a wide UD.

Comment

ali is the same height as haye, he would be on the outside, leaning back from jabs like haye(probabley eating a few), when he lets his hands go wlad will not put his guard up and be tee'd off on, he'll retreat with his jab arm extended or grab ali

i'd still pick ali because of intangibles, ali will not stand for losing a fight and will be more active than haye, i think ali takes out a fatigued wlad more open to gettin hit late in the fight

Comment

wlad too strong and rangy

Ali wouldn't be able to hit Wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Wlad wouldn't have to walk into a shot to get stopped by Ali, Ali had enough power that a solid combination could leave Wlad wobbly and ready to go late in the fight.
                    Possibly but not very likely. Ali never fought a fighter with defense as good as Wlad's. I would bet on UD.

Comment

Working...
                    X