No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum on Bradley, Juanma, Donaire-Arce, Pavlik, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum on Bradley, Juanma, Donaire-Arce, Pavlik, More

After getting a few updates on Manny Pacquiao’s training camp from promoter Bob Arum on Wednesday afternoon, I continued our conversation by getting his thoughts on some other key fighters in the Top Rank fold as well as looking at some upcoming events he is staging.

Arum has a pair of shows in December in back to back weekends when Pacquiao’s fourth pay-per-view encounter with Juan Manuel Marquez goes down inside of the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada on the 8th while unified junior featherweight champion Nonito Donaire faces the fan-friendly style of former champion Jorge Arce in Houston, Texas one weekend later.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Two fights that I would pay to see are Rios vs. Provodnikov and Juanma vs. Vasquez. 2013 has the potential to start off strong.

Comment

Vazquez-Lopez has fight of the year all over and it would be a buge draw in Puerto Rico.

Comment

Vazquez don't want none, Lopez would KHTFO!!

Comment

Vazques and Lopez sounds like fireworks... make it happen. Love the fact that Donaire choosees to fight so often..

Comment

Pavlik was getting regular tune up fights earlier this year, building him up for a possible title shot but throwing him in with Ward would be a beating that could literally end his career. Better in with someone like AA.

It's like climbing a hill then jumping off the cliff at the top.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark81 View Post
              Pavlik was getting regular tune up fights earlier this year, building him up for a possible title shot but throwing him in with Ward would be a beating that could literally end his career. Better in with someone like AA.

It's like climbing a hill then jumping off the cliff at the top.
              Ok, no.

This is a no lose situation or Pavlik, he is fighting one of the top P4P fighters in the world and SMW king. If he loses, well he is expected to so no skin off his back because they can always say "Andre Ward is just that good." If he wins, the longest of long shots he just took Ward's 0 and Belts and he is right back in there. Yeah he has alcohol problems, but how many of you actually know pro boxers? I'd say a good majority of them that I know drink hard and smoke alot of tree, there have been tons of boozebags in boxing over the years so thats a BS excuse.

Fact is Pavlik just isn't as good as Ward, never has been, and never will be. There is always a punchers a chance, and the boy can crack.

It's win/win for Pavlik, he gets a payday and exposure against top competition, while not even being expected to win so he can still snag 2-3 more big fights after this before even thinking of being a stepping stone.

Comment

That Miguel Vazquez doesn't run? Don't know what fighter he was looking at. At moments I thought that I was watching the Tour De France.

Please don't make Pavlik/Ward

Absurd that Rios is in line for Pac

Comment

I would love to see Lopez vs Vasquez. Rios vs Provdondokov is another war for rios but the wheels are already in motion for Rios/Pac. Pavlik vs Ward is going to be a one side azz beating its going to look like the hopkins fight except its vs a fighter in his prime, I would much rather see pavlik vs chavez jr in dallas.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                    That Miguel Vazquez doesn't run? Don't know what fighter he was looking at. At moments I thought that I was watching the Tour De France.

Please don't make Pavlik/Ward

Absurd that Rios is in line for Pac

Whats so bad about Rios vs Pac?

Comment

Working...
                    X