No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Edwin Rodriguez Punishes Escalera Over Eight Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Edwin Rodriguez Punishes Escalera Over Eight Rounds

MGM Grand at Foxwoods Resort, Mashantucket, Connecticut - A battle of unbeaten super middleweights saw Edwin Rodriguez (22-0, 15KOs) battered Jason Escalera (13-1-1, 12KOs) over eight rounds to secure a TKO victory and retains his USBA super middleweight title.

[Click Here To Read More]

Good win by Rodriguez, but I'm not so impressed by him. The kid is good doing several things, but he's not especially good in any one of them (at least IMO) Still I think he has enough talent to make a good career.

Comment

Jason Escalera fights like an oak tree

Comment

Originally posted by fallen9182 View Post
        Jason Escalera fights like an oak tree
        Actually, I think Rodriguez is improving a lot under Shields....so much so that I believe he beats Kelly Pavlik easily.

Comment

Escalera had a cool mask and got a cold beating.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
            Good win by Rodriguez, but I'm not so impressed by him. The kid is good doing several things, but he's not especially good in any one of them (at least IMO) Still I think he has enough talent to make a good career.
            He's still very wide with some of his punches and really telegraphs his punches. I think a better fighter in there would have put him on his ass with crisp, short punches.

But I loved the body work he was putting in, that was his most impressive part of his performance.

Comment

Edwin was fighting a rookie he should have gotten him out sooner

Comment

edwin has talent, but there's something missing.......

Comment

like maywaether sr has said " mooya head mooya head " escalera...

Comment

I thought the fight should have been stopped a lot sooner. Escalera was basically done after the first round. Rodriguez looked good, but not elite-ready good.

Comment

Working...
                    X