Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Richardson Not Buying Margarito Exposed Pacquiao's Body

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Richardson Not Buying Margarito Exposed Pacquiao's Body

LAS VEGAS -- If he's going to dethroned eight-division king, Manny Pacquiao, as WBO welterweight belt-holder on Saturday night at the MGM Grand, five-time titlist Shane Mosley must lure in Pacquiao into trading blows, take advantage of openings that Joshua Clottey did not and make adjustments to compensate for a potential loss of stamina down the stretch, said Mosley's trainer, Naazim Richardson.

[Click Here To Read More]

Interesting. I think we're gonna see mosley covering up alot trying to lure Pacman in. I must say that's very clever. I agree that Pac got too careless with clottey ignoring his defense but i think Pac didn't really have any respect to clottey in the first place while you can clearly see that he has a lot for Mosley.

Comment

Do people really believe Pac was vulnerable to the body against Margarito?

Comment

it's not just clottey who had success like that, even when miguel cotto fell into survival mode and fought on the backfoot he landed some huge shots on manny but by that point cotto was spent....

and ofcourse manny's notably struggled against the countering brilliance of jmm....

but shanes gotta mix it up, if shane uses his strength and 'pushes him' literally... actually man handles him and forces him back he'll be able to get off, but when manny adjusts his feet and is back on the offensive shane's gotta keep it tight and pick manny off.

Comment

Why would he? He got tangled up in the ropes and Margarito pounced. Nothing was "exposed." And surely Shane will be headhunting from the 1st bell trying for the KO. I don't expect to see any body work from Shane. If he wants to win, he better KO Pac, and fast.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            LAS VEGAS -- If he's going to dethroned eight-division king, Manny Pacquiao, as WBO welterweight belt-holder on Saturday night at the MGM Grand, five-time titlist Shane Mosley must lure in Pacquiao into trading blows, take advantage of openings that Joshua Clottey did not and make adjustments to compensate for a potential loss of stamina down the stretch, said Mosley's trainer, Naazim Richardson.

[Click Here To Read More]
            i call b.s, pac is vunerable to the body hes been hurt there many times by jmm also, these fighters are just too stupid to see that, they want to headhunt and you cant beat pac headhunting because he has a good chin and hes better at it, you have to kill the body, shane used to be a viscious body puncher he no longer is, kill the body and the head falls this is the only way to beat fast fighters, from Lamotta, beating Robinson, to Chavez beating Taylor, to Duran beating Leonard all these guys beat the fastest and best guys around via going to the body,all those guys at the time lost their zeros and were pound for pound number 1 just like Pac is now , they lost to great fighters whom were known viscious body punchers,thats why pac always has great stamina in second half of the bouts,nobody goes to the body enough. body punching is a lost art.. you put pac in with a viscious body puncher of which there are none today garuntee you by the 9th round he wont be bouncing around hell have his chin exposed coveing that tender body.and gimme a break he was pissing blood by just 1 body punch or 2 the last time whe fought and went to the hospital, Pac was curled up in a fetal position the next day, and he aint vulnerable to tha body???? I call BULLSHIATTT OF COURSE HE IS!!!!!!
            Last edited by boxingfan76; 05-07-2011, 09:57 AM.

Comment

We'll be seeing salt shaker Shane by Round 3... UD Zzz...

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                Do people really believe Pac was vulnerable to the body against Margarito?
                absolutley its plain to see not really debatable, pac made a trip to the hospital was pissing blood and was curled up in a fetal position in the following days and he aint vulnerable to the body?? gimme a break.plus margs landed 220 shots in a lopsided loss with one eye, that he was able to do that speaks volumes about pacs defense and margs offense, as NOBODY HAS LANDED THAT MUCH ON PAC!and this was a loss what would a great fighter do???? pfffffff like a martinez or a mayweather?

Comment

I really think Brother Naaz is smarter then this, comparing what happened in the Clottey fight to how Pacquiao will fight Mosely is a bit naive. Just like how Pac threw 1200 punches in the Clottey fight (and had a low % of punches landed), it was because he had to do something to try and get Clottey to fight back. Of course Clottey was going to hit him a few times, but he only THREW approx. 33 punches per round, including jabs. That's ridiculous! Pac was trying anything he could think of to try to get Clottey out of his shell and fight back, including throwing a "double punch" to try and get him to wake up and fight. I think it's a mistake for Naaz to build his strategy around that fight (I don't really think he totally is), and Mosely is NOwhere near as defensive as Clottey is. Believe me, Naaz has not put all of his eggs in one basket in his training strategy and of course he is not going to put his whole game plan out there for Team Pac to counter off of. Yes, Shane used to be a great body puncher, but with his age and stamina issues - he doesn't have time for the body game. The body game takes many rounds to take the effect that's desired to slow down the opponent (especially one like Pac) and Shane has become a headhunter because he can't afford himself to wait for Pac to slow down... by then Shane will be more fatigued then Manny will be. As much as I want this fight to be competitive, I can see it going very similar to the Mayweather fight, but with more action. And since Mosely said he had issues with Mora, (and also still appeared to not be able to pull the trigger and seemed extremely tired) because he was an "akward" fighter - then he's in for some real issues against Pacquiao. While Mora moved around a lot more then Shane is used to, Sergio hardly threw any punches. Pacquiao will be in there, but punching and moving and giving Mosely problems from the angles and speed. But... make no mistake, Mosely "can" be dangerous (Especially early on) until the last minute because of his power, and it seems his only chance will be to hit Pacquiao flush with a shot he can't recover from. However, just like Margarito did against Pac, Mosely will also lose steam in his punches the longer the fight goes on. And the more tired he becomes, the more he will be battered by Pac with the punches he doesn't see coming.

Comment

one of the very few opportunities shane will have due to the fact hes washed up 40 years old and hasnt won a fight in over 2 years , is precisley going to the body , and naz doesnt see it??? hes not a good trainer hes a fat lazy slob and frankly hes overrated he trains great fighters that train themselves at this point in their careers.

Comment

Working...
                    X