No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ivan Calderon: I Won't Retire, I'm Going To Fight On

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ivan Calderon: I Won't Retire, I'm Going To Fight On

Former champion Ivan Calderon intends to continue fighting. On Saturday in Mexicali, he suffered his second straight defeat, by knockout, in the third round of his bout with Giovani Segura. Calderon was knocked out by Segura last August in Puerto Rico. The veteran boxer feels that there are other opportunities out there for him. He feels Seguara was too strong. Calderon came into the rematch at 113-pounds and Segura was 121-pounds by fight time.

[Click Here To Read More]

a lot of time boxers come across somebody that they just can't beat, i'm sure he can be a champion at 105 or 108 easily again, i thought he had said this was his last year in boxing?

Comment

other fighters in that division will still have problems with his style so he can probably become champ again.

Comment

thats whats up..never back down from adversity

Comment

anyone other than segura in division he beats

Comment

He should retire, though. He probably only has a two or three more fights left in him. He's getting up there in age, and he doesn't have power. Legs and speed are among the first things to go, and he becomes even more handicapped when faced with a power puncher.

The blueprint's out on how to beat him. Attack the body ferociously, wear him down. It's not like fighters have to be afraid of him anymore...

He's not coming back better than before...

A grand champion and a future Hall of Famer, but if he wants to nab a couple of wins before retiring, I wish him nothing but the best.

Comment

Calderon lost to a bigger fighter not a better fighter. His skills weren't enough to overcome the disparity in size difference or power. Segura was just way too big for him to keep him off. If they were both the same size Calderon would win a UD. Segura belongs in the higher weight classes. But it's not Seguras fault, he makes the weight fair and square. Kudos to Calderon for taking on a man he knew he couldn't beat or overcome his size.

Comment

well he has been appealing his last two fights being aggressive but hes leaving what made him the best and thats boxing but i hope he stays at 105 or 108 and wins a belt and can make a long reign again then retire but if he loses again just hang them up dont mess up ure legacy like roy jones

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
                  well he has been appealing his last two fights being aggressive but hes leaving what made him the best and thats boxing but i hope he stays at 105 or 108 and wins a belt and can make a long reign again then retire but if he loses again just hang them up dont mess up ure legacy like roy jones
                  Moron! i still wonder why they didnt banned you in this site. ROY JONES is an ATG.. so STFU!

Comment

I honestly think Calderon can still beat a majority of top boxers in his division.

Comment

Working...
                    X