No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather-Cotto To Have WBC's Diamond Title at Stake

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather-Cotto To Have WBC's Diamond Title at Stake

World Boxing Council President Jose Sulaiman has revealed that his organization has sanctioned Floyd Mayweather Jr. (42-0, 26KOs) vs. Miguel Cotto (37-2, 30KOs) for the WBC's Diamond title at 154-pounds. Cotto's WBA junior middleweight title is already at stake. Mayweather-Cotto will headline a huge HBO pay-per-view on May 5th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. The WBA's Diamond title is valued at $50,000 dollars.

[Click Here To Read More]

So Floyd will be 43-0 and have the WBC, WBA, and Diamond title at the same time, Wow...

Comment

WHat the **** is this? A Circus? They are already fighting for a "super" belt where there is also a "regular" belt. I don't know what's the point of the WBC having this piece of **** belt. Also why would GBP ask for this crap?

Comment

LMFAO. I really don't need to see Floyd flaunting around some stupid diamond title. This is the same crap they did for Pac/Cotto.

Comment

What a scum sulimain and bob arum need to go away forever if you know what i mean

Comment

Comment

lol, wats the point??? suliamon just wants to inteject the wbc in a fight that essentially has nothing to do with them.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
                LMFAO. I really don't need to see Floyd flaunting around some stupid diamond title. This is the same crap they did for Pac/Cotto.
                Well maybe you won't see it. He has to win it first. On another point, I don't think a title is worth anything concrete, it must be the dismonds in the belt itself. Probably with a highly inflated value on the crafting. I read some time ago that there were $20,000 worth of diamonds in a belt.

Comment

He's only doing this because he want to have an excuse to stripping Floyd of the WBC Welterweight title. He knows fully well Floyd will not pay for that diamond title.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                    Well maybe you won't see it. He has to win it first. On another point, I don't think a title is worth anything concrete, it must be the dismonds in the belt itself. Probably with a highly inflated value on the crafting. I read some time ago that there were $20,000 worth of diamonds in a belt.
                    But why?

Im honestly not sure what a diamond belt it

Does it make the winner of this fight a WBC worlds champ? are there sanction fees?

Comment

Working...
                    X