Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lewkowicz: Sergio Martinez Has Score To Settle With Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lewkowicz: Sergio Martinez Has Score To Settle With Cotto

BoxingScene today caught up with Promoter/Advisor Sampson Lewkowicz by telephone as he was entering the Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas to meet with HBO executives.
    Sampson revealed that negotiations for a blockbuster fight between Sergio Martínez and Miguel Cotto are at an advanced stage.

“Team Martínez is focused on this fight, he would love to fight Cotto, it’s good for the fans and for boxing,” he said.

“It could be at the New York Giants football stadium [MetLife] in New Jersey, it would be an historical event that would be part of the continuation from Argentina where there were 50,000 fans cheering for Sergio. It would be in June on the weekend of the Puerto Rican parade. [Click Here To Read More]

Make it happen!! Hopefully get the winner vs Canelo later on in the year aswell.

Comment

This should be a great fight between 2 guys who can punch. Make it happen, the winner can get his ass whooping from Floyd Mayweather.

Comment

Floyd floyd floyd

Floyd floyd floyd

Floyd floyd floyd

Stfu with that already

Article says. Cotto, martinez

And this smh finds a way to add
        Floyd floyd floyd. Groopie

Comment

floyd is gona have to get in the ring first

Comment

Oh man! Martinez-Mayweather would be kick ass, especially if Martinez was in his A game. But Martinez is gonna need to figure a way to overcome the Peek A Boo guard. It seems to give him the most problems.

But Cotto-Martinez is a 50-50 imo. Cotto tends to fare better against Boxers than brawlers.

Comment

"i believe very strongly that i'll be an astronaut before chavez jr makes 160 again."
              lewkowicz got jokes.

Comment

I'll be an astronaut before Chavez Jr. makes 160 again...lol...Chavez Jr. just talks, I don't think he can easily make 160 like he thinks...Canelo learned the lesson of a boxing lifetime from Floyd and seems to have the makeup and maturity to grow from it...Chavez Jr seemed to think he could coast by everything because of his name and size, but got his feelings hurt by Martinez for 11 1/2 rounds and realized he wasn't able to pull a Chavez Sr./Meldrick Taylor for 1:30 of round 12...since then he's still been acting like a brat

Comment

Originally posted by Gooch999 View Post
                  Make it happen!! Hopefully get the winner vs Canelo later on in the year aswell.
                  **** Canelo! He needs go fight Lara if he can beat Trout.

Originally posted by TheSlickster View Post
                  Oh man! Martinez-Mayweather would be kick ass, especially if Martinez was in his A game. But Martinez is gonna need to figure a way to overcome the Peek A Boo guard. It seems to give him the most problems.

But Cotto-Martinez is a 50-50 imo. Cotto tends to fare better against Boxers than brawlers.
                  Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
                  Floyd floyd floyd

Floyd floyd floyd

Floyd floyd floyd

Stfu with that already

Article says. Cotto, martinez

And this smh finds a way to add
                  Floyd floyd floyd. Groopie
                  Idk why dudes are talking about him either! Smh

Originally posted by AntonTheMeh View Post
                  lewkowicz got jokes.
                  I laughed when I read that too. It's true though, jr is a light heavyweight now.

Comment

I seriously doubt Cotto meant to be or was disrespectful or that that Martinez would give a darn but whatevs if it helps sell the fight. I hope they both make at least 20 million.

Comment

Working...
                    X