Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I usually don't make Mayweather threads, but....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS speaks the truth.

I just remember Ricky Hatton..............
    This site was about to have a "group hater orgasm". They were so sure ... they were so wrong.

Floyd beats his ass and Hatton becomes a bum overnight.

Pac vs Hatton gets made and Hatton is legit once again.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLampley
      Woah, going through this thread all I see are all these different Floyd avatars and sigs of him posing, I guess the Flowmos are back to their defending ways.

Anyway, I give Floyd respect for fighting Guerrero, I think it will be a tough fight and the Ghost isn’t a bum like other people on here are making him out to be, but it seems you Floyd fans are okay with him always taking on the easier fight out there when there are tougher challengers waiting for him.

Did anyone really demand a Floyd/Guerrero fight? I don’t think he should have fought Canelo until Canelo proves himself, and thats whats happening, but he should fight Canelo next if he wins against Trout, Canelo is not this monster everyone is making him out to be

but if people keep letting Floyd get away with these kind of matches like Guerrero and Ortiz, instead of fighting the fights the fans really want him to fight( Pac, Canelo, Trout, Martinez) then he’s going to keep fighting the easiest fight possible and robbing us all of money like he always claims he’s doing
      Pac just got knocked out. You just said Canelo hasn't proven him self and isn't this monster everyone makes him out to be. Trout just beat Cotto, but I still approve of that match. Martinez is too big. we are lucky Floyd even fights at 154 sometimes. Pac refuses, but doesn't get criticized nearly as much. So, who's left? There really aren't that many top welterweights better than Guerrero. You might be surprised. Guerrero might give Floyd his toughest fight ever. Floyd is not a spring chicken anymore, so be realistic about who he faces.

Comment

• Originally posted by RlCKY View Post
        He brings it on himself by proclaiming he is the best fighter who ever lived. When you make such a bold statement, surely you are going to be held to a higher regard than a fighter who just goes about his way and doesn't brag or call himself this or that.

You want to call yourself the best ever? Then do some **** that the best fighters of all time did. Stay active, fight the fights the people want to see, WHEN THEY WANT TO SEE THEM.

He chose to skip out on a lot of fights in the past 8 or so years.
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Originally posted by paulf View Post
        I've said it before; Floyd gets no props because there's nothing sports fans hate as much as a guy that wins every time and makes it look easy. It's like the haords of people that hated on prime Kobe-era Lakers or the Patriots or the Cowboys back in the day.

Look down boxing history to the fighters who were undefeated for long periods; Louis, Marciano, Ali, Holmes, Tyson, Chavez, Lewis. No one gave them any credit at the time, said they were fighting bum or past-prime opponents. Floyd is the same.

There's an article that got posted here from ESPN years ago. It said that Floyd was a great talent, but the fans will never give him any credit until he fights a certain level of opponent, and then listed five guys; Corrales, Castillo, Hatton, Tszyu, and De La Hoya.

Floyd fought and beat them all except Tszyu, who lost to Hatton. And still he gets no credit, all because he's an extraordinarily talented fighter who's personality they can't stand.

The thing with me is, I don't even like the guy. I didn't watch the Cotto fight until days after, and only because people said it was a good fight. I haven't give a **** about a Floyd bout since Mosley, I'm a much bigger fan of Manny, but to these wierdos on NSB anyone that defends Mayweather is a nuthugger, floydiot, whatever. They can't comprehend that to real-ass lifelong fans of the sport, it's not "my favorite fighter's legacy versus your favorite fighters legacy." It's about the skills and the fights. That's why I feel the need to defend Floyds ******ed ass so often; new fans coming in just jump on the bandwagon and miss the whole point of showing respect for the fighters that are able to do it on such a high level.

I never disrespect any fighter that does it on an elite level. Except Zab Judah.

Comment

• Floyd is going to fight the less threat for the most money and you like Wess and Larry 10kX are washing his nuts like its the best thing.

the same people praising floyd are the same ones crucifying others for not stepping up in competiton.
          haha
          oh mah gawd

Comment

• Originally posted by RlCKY View Post
            and they were against guys ranked in the top 10 by almost every legit publication. and he beat them clearly.
            I don't believe Berto was Ring ranked, due to his layoff. Aydin may or may not have been ranked, but he's never been a legit top tenner on resume, and obviously on ability.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
              Floyd is going to fight the less threat for the most money and you like Wess and Larry 10kX are washing his nuts like its the best thing.

the same people praising floyd are the same ones crucifying others for not stepping up in competiton.
              haha
              oh mah gawd
              Guerrero isn't the "less threat." And there were a ton of people on this site, a lot of which are in these threads talking about how Mayweather is a cherry picker, claiming that Mayweather wouldn't fight Guerrero because he is too big of a risk. It's comical.

And the only person that I was saying that needed to step up, was Canelo. And it appears that he has. Prove me wrong.

Comment

• Thread got held down. Well done.

Comment

• Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
                  Put it this way. I was the biggest Floyd fan back in the day. Then started hating him. Now I'm back to just being a fan of his, and his in ring ability. The reason why he gets so much hate is, the exact reason why people buy his PPV's. He's a brash talking, ****y dude. People either love him or hate him. They just want to see him lose.

At this point, i'm neither a lover nor a hater. I'm just a fan. If people would just appreciate what he brings IN THE RING, then I'm sure you'd have a lot less hate.

Besides, if you see a bunch of Floyd hate threads, just ignore them. It's easier that way. I used to go into them just to shut the Flowmos down, but now, I don't even care anymore. I can't wait for May 4th, and I can't wait for Floyd to beat the brakes off Guerrero.
                  TBH with you, a lot of Floyd's biggest critics say this. I've been on this site to know each and every "huge" Floyd fan there is like Horus and the rest, or even moderate Floyd fans like Derranged and Johnm. Those Floyd haters who say they used to be big Floyd fans are just lying. I've seen some of the worst posters claim this, the worst Floyd haters claim this. It's like me saying I was a huge Pacquiao fan back in the day, or Cotto fan. Just a straight up a lie to set up a hatred post. The only poster I believe who was a big Floyd fan turned Floyd hater is Pullcounter. The rest are liars.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
                    Thread got held down. Well done.
                    The ghost is not a threat at all that is why Floyd picked him. So yes I just prove u wrong. The ghost is sloppy and lacks power. He shut bertos eyes with a thumb to the eye and a head butt. I'm not saying he wouldn't have beaten him regardless but let's not act like the ghost is some killer slick boxer with power. The only thing I like about the ghost is that he is young and has nothing to lose but Floyd should still win easy and he knows it. Then it's another vacation of 12 months and then a huge fight against Alexander then another vacation and he ends his "legendary " haha career fighting Amir khan

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X