Mayweather v Gatti 2005 is legendary

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather v Gatti 2005 is legendary

Absolute boxing masterclass

It was a gross mismatch that proved nothing that wasn't already known.

Comment

A very overrated performance.

Anyone who had watched both their careers knew it would look like this. Gatti had total wars with guys like Ward, Robinson, and a washed-up Ruelas. You had to know he'd be a human punching bag for Floyd.

Gatti's people never put Arturo in with a really big puncher, if you had noticed. Do you know what would have happened had Gatti fought Kostya Tszyu? He'd have been bombed to death within two rounds.

Comment

gatti was a glorified club fighter...

floyd looked great, but that's in part a product of the fact that gatti wasn't much more than a punching bag.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
          A very overrated performance.

Anyone who had watched both their careers knew it would look like this. Gatti had total wars with guys like Ward, Robinson, and a washed-up Ruelas. You had to know he'd be a human punching bag for Floyd.

Gatti's people never put Arturo in with a really big puncher, if you had noticed. Do you know what would have happened had Gatti fought Kostya Tszyu? He'd have been bombed to death within two rounds.

agree\\
          ward could hit, and he slowed gatti way the hell down to the body when arturo planted his feet.

Comment

Mayweather-Corrales is much better.

Comment

a legendary beat down of a C level fighter

not impressed

Comment

I would like this fight a lot more if not for the constant, "Floyd is going to Gatti him," predictions for every single Mayweather fight since. Not even joking, you can count on at least ten predictions saying Floyd is going to Gatti someone when he fights. There's a reason Gatti is the only fighter that Mayweather Gatti'd.

Nice showcase of Mayweather's skill, I wish it could be left at that.

Comment

It's the fight that will always be attached to Mayweather.

The worst part is, a lot of casuals think Arturo Gatti is a Legend in Boxing.

Gatti was actually ranked #1 at 140 when Mayweather fought him, believe it or not. Whether he deserved to be is another story.

It's an awesome performance but we have to take into account who he was fighting - a past prime Arturo Gatti.

Comment

I loved that fight for a few reasons.

I was tired of the attention Gatti was getting as a "blood and guts" warrior at the expense of numerous fighters who were much more skilled at their craft. Mayweather told everybody that this fight was a mismatch before they even stepped in the ring and he backed up every word he said.

R.I.P. Arturo Gatti. He put on some very entertaining and memorable performances and is being considered for the hall of fame. But he was an average fighter who had no business being in the ring with someone on the level of a Floyd Mayweather.

Comment

Working...
                    X