Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It bothers me that blacks that never voted just came out for this election.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It bothers me that blacks that never voted just came out for this election.

Okay, I know this may anger some of you but its not meant to be hateful. First I would like to say that I voted for Obama so it's not like I have anything against the guy. What I do have a problem is blacks that came out for the first time just to support the guy because of his SKIN color. I know that all citizens have the right to vote but if you spent 30 years without voting and then all of sudden you want to vote to represent a guy strictly on skin that is wrong. I live right outside of the city and during the election they were interviewing large communities of blacks and a lot kept saying they just had to come out and vote, that this was their first time voting. Then they would ask why they came out and they really didn't have a reason to why they did that they just wanted to support Obama. You know as well as I know that these people came out strictly on reppin' their skin color and using it as showing a dominance. Once Obama was elected I seen a ton of **** in the papers and on T.V. with blacks going nuts. Pretty much people need to do research before they vote on something and if you didn't care to vote over your lifetime you shouldn't of cared to vote this time. I have voted since I was 18 and I am proud to have voted for Obama but I am not proud of a lot of these first time voters.

Oh yeah, **** paragraphs.

Originally posted by B-Ron View Post
    Okay, I know this may anger some of you but its not meant to be hateful. First I would like to say that I voted for Obama so it's not like I have anything against the guy. What I do have a problem is blacks that came out for the first time just to support the guy because of his SKIN color. I know that all citizens have the right to vote but if you spent 30 years without voting and then all of sudden you want to vote to represent a guy strictly on skin that is wrong. I live right outside of the city and during the election they were interviewing large communities of blacks and a lot kept saying they just had to come out and vote, that this was their first time voting. Then they would ask why they came out and they really didn't have a reason to why they did that they just wanted to support Obama. You know as well as I know that these people came out strictly on reppin' their skin color and using it as showing a dominance. Once Obama was elected I seen a ton of **** in the papers and on T.V. with blacks going nuts. Pretty much people need to do research before they vote on something and if you didn't care to vote over your lifetime you shouldn't of cared to vote this time. I have voted since I was 18 and I am proud to have voted for Obama but I am not proud of a lot of these first time voters.

Oh yeah, **** paragraphs.
    I completely agree.....But on a positive note it's good to see more people getting involved even if it's for the wrong reason. Maybe some of them will begin to pay attention to things more and the next time they vote it will be for the right reasons.

Comment

I got no problem with someone voting for him based on the color of his skin.

Comment

This is getting old.haha Well.. its been old.

Comment

My only real issue with the election is the fact that even after 8 years of Bush and the current situation of the US, Obama still only won the popular vote by a few percent.

That's what bothers me.

Comment

Does not bother me as much because if you look at the situation in perspective to other groups of people voting for their candidate solely on the things like his particular religious outlook, voting for someone because of their skin color is not really anything out of place...

Thats the blight of democratic system, many voters vote for the candidate solely due to some superficial reasons like skin color.

Comment

Oh yeah, I bet many people voted against Obama mainly because he was a darkie with african and arabic rootes. So, really, it goes both ways.

Comment

Originally posted by RAESAAD View Post
                I completely agree.....But on a positive note it's good to see more people getting involved even if it's for the wrong reason. Maybe some of them will begin to pay attention to things more and the next time they vote it will be for the right reasons.
                Oh I think its great that people are coming out to vote. I think its an Americans duty to come out and vote. It's great to see people involved and caring about the country but how many of those first time voters do you think will be back in 2016(I assume Obama gets reelected), if a black candidate isnt on the ballot?

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynBomber View Post
                  Oh yeah, I bet many people voted against Obama mainly because he was a darkie with african and arabic rootes. So, really, it goes both ways.
                  I agree with this. It works both ways.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Ron View Post
                    Oh I think its great that people are coming out to vote. I think its an Americans duty to come out and vote. It's great to see people involved and caring about the country but how many of those first time voters do you think will be back in 2016(I assume Obama gets reelected), if a black candidate isnt on the ballot?
                    If you start suggesting that people need great political knowledge, ****... even a little then you'd better expect voting #'s to be cut in 1/2 or maybe more.

As Churchill said, “The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.”

Comment

Working...
                    X