No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Rigondeaux To Donaire: Olympic Tests, No Problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    Hey, where've you been? What happened with Gamboa-Farenas? I didn't see it.
    Farenas lost but he isn't a high level boxer. And he still put more of a beating on Gamboa than people expected. Posters were on here the night of the fight saying that Gamboa looked bad.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      This is an interesting point. I don't believe for a minute that Donaire would fear Rigo. But his wife...that's another matter....
      you need to see this video if you haven't already she straight up says wait in line like he's waiting in line for the restroom. no one does that in boxing and you take the first fight that becomes available and not create a priority list that must go in a specific order. www.youtube.com/watch?v=60YOnO-YiEE

Donaire is a warrior and I think will give rigo a boxing lesson like he did to nishioka. if marroquin was able to chin check rigo like he did imagine how he'll react to the same thing from donaire. I don't think there is a chance in hell that donaire outboxes rigondeaux because he is just so talented and I think he'll just catch rigo with a punch he's never been hit with before and wont know how to react. Rachel Donaire is afraid of seeing her hubby outboxed and rigondeaux has more than enough talent to do that. it makes for an exciting fight as long as both fighters come forward and I'd love to see it but donaires professional experience and inteligence will be rigondeauxs disadvantage.

Comment

Originally posted by PinoyNation View Post
        Farenas lost but he isn't a high level boxer. And he still put more of a beating on Gamboa than people expected. Posters were on here the night of the fight saying that Gamboa looked bad.
        Now, now...we're not talking about how well Farenas fought. He did well. But you were on here talking about how he was going to KO Gamboa.

Comment

I don't think that was me. I expected him to do better than people were saying but I don't think I predicted him to win.

Comment

now we have a fight

Comment

Originally posted by pimpgoz View Post
              you need to see this video if you haven't already she straight up says wait in line like he's waiting in line for the restroom. no one does that in boxing and you take the first fight that becomes available and not create a priority list that must go in a specific order. www.youtube.com/watch?v=60YOnO-YiEE

Donaire is a warrior and I think will give rigo a boxing lesson like he did to nishioka. if marroquin was able to chin check rigo like he did imagine how he'll react to the same thing from donaire. I don't think there is a chance in hell that donaire outboxes rigondeaux because he is just so talented and I think he'll just catch rigo with a punch he's never been hit with before and wont know how to react. Rachel Donaire is afraid of seeing her hubby outboxed and rigondeaux has more than enough talent to do that. it makes for an exciting fight as long as both fighters come forward and I'd love to see it but donaires professional experience and inteligence will be rigondeauxs disadvantage.
              Donaire's power is the trump card, in my opinion. If he lands the way he did against Darchinyan and Arce, the fight will almost certainly be over. My hope is that Rigo is able to avoid a flush shot like that, frustrate Nonito and win on the cards. I don't think this'll be a particularly exciting fight, although I can certainly be wrong. There's also always the possibility that Guillermo lands something big. Rigo can bang. If he manages to score, he has the ability to wrap up the show.

I give Donaire the edge in this fight; but Rigondeaux is a very high-level opponent, regardless of the gap in pro experience.

Comment

Originally posted by PinoyNation View Post
                I don't think that was me. I expected him to do better than people were saying but I don't think I predicted him to win.
                Okay, sorry if I mistook you for someone else. I guess he's still in hiding. lol

Comment

Originally posted by pimpgoz View Post
                  Bob Arum wants to make that fight and win or lose nonito will go up to 126 and dominate there. He isn't making the mares fight because he refuses to work with Oscar. people are saying nonito is scared and that he is ducking rigo but the truth is that he is not the scared one. It's Nonitos wife who is terrified of rigondeaux. If you haven't already seen the video of her telling rigos camp to wait in line behind Nishioka Arce and she threw in Mares and we know that fight is never gonna fall through because of GBP VS TR and that is why she threw that one out there waiting in limbo for a fight with donaire and then out of nowhere he decides to move up to 126 with without fighting rigondeaux. bob arum has the easiest job in making this fight and its just as easy to make as canelo vs trout. he promotes both fighters and all that needs to happen is a meeting where both fighters come to an agreement.
                  Are you aware that this same promoter was responsible for ruining a possible Gamboa vs Lopez fight while both fighters under his banner, right?

Comment

Guillermo simply responding like someone not having anything to hide. Wished a particular fighter wasn't such a pu$$ie about it.

Comment

Looks like Pac stands alone in being the only fighter in the sport to refuse testing

Comment

Working...
                      X