Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Rigondeaux on The Poonsawat Fight Being Off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol Man, it's like they picked that chick from among the diners at the restaurant to "translate". That was just awful.

Here's an excerpt from an article by Dan Rafael I read on ESPN.com, about the Poonsawat fight being canceled:

"I must say they took it very well (Rigo and his team)," Arum said. "We're going to try to get Rigondeaux back in the ring at the earliest possible time, which looks like sometime in February. This stuff is part of the business. It's unfortunate, but we have to be professional about and understand that's why you have medical doctors overlooking this, so the right decisions are made."

Comment

Rigo will hopefully fight nx time

Comment

If I'm Rigo this is some really good news.

It takes several weeks, sometimes over a month or so, for your body to develop the antibodies for HIV.

Hypothetically, Poon could have recently contracted the Virus, not build up enough antibodies (Level of antibodies is what triggers positive results) and tested negative.

In turn, he could have fought Rigo and got him infected as well.

I feel for Poonsawat and I really think he may have gotten it from a blood transfusion, but If I'm Rigo I'm glad I heard this prior to fighting someone who is infected with HIV.

Comment

Rigo should fight Quigg or Darchinyan next.

Comment

damn , this would've been the real test for rigo..

i feel for you rigo fans , you'll hav to wait till next year to see your boy fight..

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
              damn , this would've been the real test for rigo..

i feel for you rigo fans , you'll hav to wait till next year to see your boy fight..
              Not just that, there's no telling who they'll line him up with. And the chance to fight again on the same card with Donaire probably won't present itself again, unless they're fighting each other. This is really bad all around for Rigo. Nonetheless, Poonsawat reminds us that there are worse things to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                Not just that, there's no telling who they'll line him up with. And the chance to fight again on the same card with Donaire probably won't present itself again, unless they're fighting each other. This is really bad all around for Rigo. Nonetheless, Poonsawat reminds us that there are worse things to worry about.
                yeah for real.. another uncontrollable setback incident for rigo..i hope he gets to prove his worth next year tho.
                and very true with the poon comment ..hope he gets well

Comment

wow, this fing blows!!!! Someone do a despojo on rigo, cuz the bad luck continues. Let's get him back on hbo asap!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X